By the time you read this I’ll be on what could possibly be the most exhausting vacation of my life– Disneyland and San Diego with the girls and a 6 week old. Crazy? Yes. Excited? Definitely. Sick of washing every last piece of clothing I can find in the house so that we can pack? Absolutely.
The best part about this is that we’re totally surprising the girls. THEY. HAVE. NO. IDEA. We are basically driving to the airport and telling them where we’re going. You better believe that we will have the cameras rolling when we break the news. I can’t wait for the girly screams and tears that will likely follow!
Anyway, today I have a killer, super easy sandwich recipe for you. I made these jalapeno popper cheesesteaks as part of Mezzetta’s “Make That Sandwich” contest. It’s basically an excuse at a chance to win $25,000 just for making up a sandwich. And you can enter your sandwich, too! Wouldn’t you love to be that person that’s like, “Hey, yeah I just won $25,000 for making a sandwich, no biggie. My life pretty much rocks.”
I started my love affair with Mezzetta products years ago when I was pregnant with Em and craved their jalapeno stuffed olives. I ate them like crazy even though it meant being up all night with heartburn. And, ever since then I’ve kept a jar of some sort of their olives in my fridge when i needed a little something salty, savory, and delicious. For this sandwich I used their Deli Sliced Jalapeno Peppers and garnished it with their Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives.
This is basically the easiest hot, toasty cheesy sandwich you can imagine. All you have to do is mix up some cream cheese with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses and toss in some diced jalapeno peppers to use as a topping on deli sliced roast beef.
Once it has a trip under the broiler for a few minutes, it gets all hot and bubbly- just like the inside of a jalapeno popper!
The fun part about this is making the top of your sandwich roll crunchy by spreading it with a little butter, parmesan cheese, and finishing it off with some panko bread crumbs. This goes under the broiler along side the meat and cheese half and bakes up crispy and crunchy. So good!
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 C mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 C + 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 C sliced Mezzetta Deli Sliced Hot Jalapeno Peppers , chopped
- 1 lb sliced deli roast beef
- 4 large sandwich rolls
- 2 Tbsp panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- Mezzetta Cheese Stuffed Olives optional
- Preheat broiler on high
- Combine softened cream cheese with jalapenos, mozzarella, and ¼ C parmesan cheese. Mix unitl smooth.
- Arrange sliced sandwich rolls on a baking sheet. Divide the meat between the 4 sandwich roll halves and top with the cheese mixture.
- Spread the other halves of the sandwich rolls with butter and top with remaining parmesan and breadcrumbs.
- Place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes, watching closely until the cream cheese is melted an starting to brown and the other half is browned and crisp.
- Garnish with and olive and serve hot.
by Heather Cheney
I'd love to see how you rocked it! Share your photo on Instagram with the hashtag #heatherlikesfood --It will totally make my day to see it!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Mezzetta. The opinions and text are all mine.