Have an Instant Pot? Need recipes that are thoroughly tested and WORK?Get my new cookbook collection for 40% OFF!
Tangy, crunchy, and fresh! This antipasti chicken salad is hearty enough for a meal and is perfect wrapped up in a warm pita with provolone cheese!
Well happy new year friends! I may be just a few days late to the party, but what’s new? I’ve spent these last few weeks snuggling up with my cuties and gearing up for the new year and it’s been fabulous. In fact, we even got a snow day on Monday! 1 inch of snow in Portland means the world shuts down. No school. No work. Just play! It probably seems pretty ridiculous to those of you that actually live in snowy weather, but we’re weak sauce here. Actually, the snow isn’t so much the problem here as is the ice that forms when then tiny bit of snow we get melts. Ah, #PNWproblems.
Let’s make some salad shall we? It’s the beginning of the year and we’re all eating salad 24/7, right? HA! Not me. At least not yet. I do plan on ramping up my health efforts but I haven’t gotten around it yet. It may or may not have anything to do with the 6 foot tall Costco chocolate cake sitting on my counter right now. So don’t think of this salad as my peace offering to the New Year’s Weight Loss gods, but as a salad that I made just because salad is delicious.
Antipasti Chicken Salad
It starts with some bell peppers, cucumbers, tomato, olives, sundried tomatoes, and pepperoncini peppers. Stir in a little shredded chicken (I used some left-over rotisserie chicken) and set it aside.
Next up: Dressing. The dressing is a simple and versatile vinaigrette that is great on just about anything. It’s tangy and herby and perfect for dressing up all the veggies in this salad.
I’m using my new shiny OXO immersion blender to make the dressing. I was so excited when I got this because I’ve been without an immersion blender for almost a year since mine broke and I used it ALL. THE. TIME. But all my sorrows are gone now because this little beauty is so much fun to use. It even lights up at the base and illuminates what you’re blending. SO fun.
You can most definitely make this dressing by hand using a whisk but with the immersion blender it takes no more than 5 seconds to mix. Salad dressing elbow is a thing of the past, I tell ya.
Pour about 1/4 cup over the salad and toss until combined. Taste and add more if desired.
My favorite way to eat this is wrapped up in a warm pita with a slice of provolone cheese. Fresh, hearty and delicious!
Want More Delicious Salad Recipes?
Antipasti Chicken Salad
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 3 tablesppon sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted and sliced kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperonccini
- 3/4 cup english cucumber chopped
- 1 whole medium tomato diced
- 1 1/2-2 cup cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 whole pita rounds
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Combine all salad ingredients except for the cheese and pita and set aside.
- In a jar or bowl, combine oils with the vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, pepper, and herbs. Whisk until creamy or use an immersion blender to mix in just a few seconds.
- Pour ¼ C of dressing over the salad and toss until combined. Spoon salad over warm pita and top with a slice of provolone cheese. Serve with remaining dressing.