Have an Instant Pot? Need recipes that are thoroughly tested and WORK?Get my new cookbook collection for 40% OFF!
This roasted vegetable pasta is brimming with fresh veggies and is the perfect way to use up all the odd n’ ends vegetables in your fridge before they go bad. It’s quick, easy, and super flavorful thanks to the addition of some balsamic vinegar.
Roasted Vegetable Pasta is one of my go-to weeknight meals. Depending on where I’m at on the diet spectrum I have anywhere between 3 to 257 different kinds of vegetables in my fridge at all times. And, I’ll be honest, even when I’m on the healthy wagon, I end up with too many vegetables and not enough time to eat them all before they go bad. This Roasted Vegetable Pasta is a great way to use up loads of veggies and pulls them all together into a delicious pasta sauce.
What Roasted Vegetables Go With Pasta?
So many kinds! I almost always have bell peppers, onion, and zucchini on hand so those are staples for me. Here are some other ideas for you:
- Fresh Tomatoes
- Yellow Squash
- Egg Plant
Tips For Making The Best Roasted Vegetable Pasta
- Cut your Vegetables Evenly– No matter what vegetables you’re using to make roasted vegetable pasta, it’s important to cut them into mostly even-sized pieces. This will allow them to cook at mostly the same rate and make sure they are all tender at the same time.
- Use a good olive oil– Extra virgin olive oil is my go-to for this recipe because the flavor it imparts on the roasted vegetables gives great flavor and adds to the finished dish.
- Use fresh basil if you can– Fresh basil brings some freshness to the roasted vegetables and really makes the whole recipe shine.
- Don’t skip the Balsamic Vinegar! It’s not much, but the 1 1/2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar that you’ll add at the end adds just the right about of acidity and makes all of the flavors come together!
- Use the Veggies You Have! I used zucchini, onion, peppers, and mushrooms in the recipe, but all you need is 4 cups of fresh mixed veggies to make this roasted vegetable pasta!
Want more recipes that are great for using up leftover veggies?
Roasted Vegetable Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 28 ounces petite diced tomatoes undrained
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 /4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 tbsp dried basil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place zucchini, peppers, mushrooms, and onion (or whatever vegetables you are using) on a baking sheet. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over them and toss to coat. Season lightly with salt and roast for 20-30 minutes or until all vegetables are tender. Starchy vegetables may take longer to cook.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium, add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add in the diced tomatoes, artichoke hearts, wine, vinegar, salt, sugar, and oregano and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper and stir in roasted vegetables and fresh basil. Serve immediately or allow to simmer an additional 15 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- Serve over pasta with shredded parmesan cheese.