Posted by https://heatherlikesfood.com/best-healthy-chocolate-chip-banana-bread/
© 2016 Heather Likes Food. All rights reserved.
Best Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
You guys, this banana bread is so moist and sweet, I so don't miss the butter or the sugar or white flour. It's actually healthy and it's AMAZING! You've got to try it!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup real maple syrup
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large, 3 small)
- 1/4 cup milk (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups WHITE whole wheat flour
- 1/2 C mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preaheat oven to 325 degrees and greast a 9x5" loaf pan.
- Whisk the coconut oil with the maple syrup, eggs, mashed bananas and milk. If the eggs and milk aren't room temperature they'll make the coconut oil harden and you'll have a lumpy batter that won't mix as well. I just run the eggs under some hot water for a minute and toss the milk into the microwave for a few seconds before putting them into the batter.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the top of the wet ingredients and stir the flour in just until no dry spots remain. The more you mix it, the less tender it will be!
- Gently fold the chocolate chips into the batter and pour into your greased loaf pan.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow bread to cook in the loaf pan for about 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Alternately, you can cut it while piping hot and enjoy some super messy, chocolatey banana bliss! Your call. ?