I’m not going to beat around the bush here…
It’s Saturday night and I’ve got my hottie husband in the other room
doing his homework patiently waiting for me to be done with whatever it is I’m doing so I can distract and persuade him to quit working he can shower me with affection and gifts, and tell me how amazing I am.
I’ve got big plans, people.
Needless to say, I’ve got to make this short. It’s a good thing that these sloppy joes take about negative 3 minutes to make. While I’m all about a good beefy (or turkey-ey) sloppy joe, these black bean ones really cure a craving if you want something a little lighter or sans the meat. I’ve received a couple of requests to feature more meatless meals and this is a great example of a protein packed, easy, flavorful meal that doesn’t include meat.
I hope you give them a try. Until then, I’m going to go
annoy spend quality time with my hubby! Hope you’re having a great weekend!
Black Bean Sloppy Joes
- 2 14.5 oz cans black beans, drained
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes drained
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 15 oz jar prepared salsa
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 6 good quality buns
- Monterrey Jack cheese slices
- Combine drained beans, tomatoes, mustard, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, and salsa in a medium sized skillet. Heat over medium-high heat and let simmer until it starts to thicken and is heated through. Season with salt- you may need more or less depending on the seasoning level of salsa used. Spoon onto buns and top with a slice of cheese.