- 12 oz. smoked sausage sliced
- 1 C chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 C Royal Blend® with Quinoa
- 3 C chicken broth
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1, 14.5 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 C cheddar or colby-jack cheese grated
- Brown sausage in a large skillet, remove from pan and set aside. If using a low-fat sausage like turkey, brown in a tbsp of olive oil.
- Drain all but 1 tbsp of fat from the skillet and saute the peppers and onions over medium heat until just tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add rice and stir until grains start to turn golden, about 3 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce into the rice, add salt and beans. Stir and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cover.
- Cook for 20 minutes (adjust time based on the rice used). Remove from heat and stir in sausage and cheese. Mixture will be thin but will thicken as it cools.