Chopped Asian Chicken Salad – Soup weather is coming and I can’t wait, but I needed to squeeze in some last minute salad making before the soup-crazies set in.<– it’s totally a thing.
- a mentally deranged person that is obsessed with a liquid dish, typically made by boiling meat, fish, or vegetables, etc., in stock or water.
Making Chopped Asian Chicken Salad
For the crunch factor we’re going old school with a package of uncooked ramen noodles. Toss aside the MSG-filled seasoning packet and break up the noodles. We’re also adding in my absolute favorite nut– Cashews! I live for these things.
This Chopped Asian Chicken Salad contains another element of crunch and flavor, which comes from some toasted sesame seeds. You can sometimes buy them already toasted, but if yours aren’t , toss them in a skillet over medium heat and let them sizzle for a few minutes until just lightly golden. This will give them added crunch as well as bring out their flavor.
The dressing is a quick mixture of oil, rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, and sweet chili sauce. I use sweet chili sauce in a lot of recipes because it’s sweet, slightly spicy and adds awesome flavor. This recipe shows a picture of the bottle if you’ve never purchased it before.
Shake up that dressing to combine, pour over the salad, and give it a quick toss to mix.
On a totally unrelated note, I found these protein bars at Costco a few weeks ago and I’ve been hooked ever since. They. Are. So. Good. Totally not sponsored, just thought I’d share. 🙂 Happy Monday!
- 1 bag (14oz) shredded coleslaw mix
- 4 C romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 C fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 packet raw ramen noodles broken up
- 1/2 C salted roasted cashews, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 2-3 C cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/4 C canola oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 C sweet chili sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients in a jar with a lid, shake to combine and pour over the salad.
I'd love to see how you rocked it! Share your photo on Instagram with the hashtag #heatherlikesfood --It will totally make my day to see it!