I like the Super Bowl for one reason– the food. I could take or leave the game but since it’s turned into a good excuse to pull out all things cheesy, crunchy, spicy, and dip-able, I’m in.
This year, though, is different. I’ve mentioned over the past few weeks that I’m participating in a fitness challenge with some friends and that sadly means that hot wings and spinach artichoke dip aren’t in the cards for me this weekend. Womp. Womp.
But that’s okay because I’ve got these buffalo cauliflower bites to keep me company. Do they taste like fried chicken wings? In short, no. But these beauties bake up crispy and have the same zip and zing that regular wings do. Also, I don’t feel like giant horker after eating a basket of these so they win in my book!
Skinny Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- 1 whole head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/3 cup hot sauce like Franks
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing and celery sticks to serve.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine water, flour and garlic powder in a bowl and mix until smooth. Dip each floret in the batter and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking mix together butter and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Pour the hot sauce mixture over the cauliflower and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with dressing and celery sticks