Forget thinking about what to make for dinner for the next 6 weeks!Get my new cookbook and meal plan!
This waffled Tater Tot Crust Pizza is a totally different and fun appetizer. Top it however you’d like, just don’t skimp on the cheese!
K, raise your hand if you’re a little hesitant about this Tater Tot Crust Pizza. Is your hand raised??
I know it might sound odd, but hear me out. You know you like cheese on your tots, right? And you know you like ketchup, right? So, it’s not THAT big of a deal to add a little bit of tomato sauce (it’s basically ketchup) and pizza toppings to tots, right?
I want you all on board here because, I’m telling you, this is some good stuff! The tots cook up so nice and crispy in the waffle maker and turn into the perfect little vessel for some pizza toppings.
And then, after a few minutes under the broiler, it’s ready!
There’s no waiting for pizza crust to rise and there’s no rolling out the dough! Just crispy, potato-y, cheesy goodness that will make you happy. Very, very happy. 🙂
Want More Easy and Fun Pizza Ideas?
- Four “Out of the Box” Pizza Ideas
- Easy BLT Margherita Pizza
- Pizza Tortellini Bake
- Chicken and Bacon Garlic Bread Pizza
- Garden Vegetable Appetizer Pizza
Tools I Use To Make Tater Tot Crust Pizza:
- Spring Chef Box Grater: Grating cheese is usually a task I pass off to my kids because I hate it, but this grater makes it as enjoyable as it can be. 🙂 I love the four sides and that they include a slicing blade.
- Oster Belgium Waffle Maker: I got this waffle maker about five years ago as a gift, and I’ve loved it! It cooks waffles evenly and quickly. Being a Belgium waffle maker, it gives the waffles nice shape that holds toppings well. It’s super affordable, too!
Waffled Tater Tot Crust Pizza
- 20 Tater Tots slightly thawed
- 3 tablespoons favorite pizza Sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Favorite pizza toppings
- Preheat waffle iron on high, preheat oven on "Broil".
- Arrange tater tots in a single layer on the waffle iron. Close the lid and press firmly to shape the Tater Tots into the iron. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown and as crisp as you'd like.
- Place crust on a baking sheet and top with tomato sauce, mozzarella and any pizza toppings you'd like. Place under the broiler and cook until cheese is melted-- about 1 minute (watch closely!).