Posted by https://heatherlikesfood.com/terriyaki-chicken-big-bowl/
© 2016 Heather Likes Food. All rights reserved.
Teriyaki Chicken Big Bowl
There's so much yum happening in this big pot. The combination of sticky, sweet chicken, hot broth, veggies and tender, slurp-able noodles is almost too much to handle. Good thing it's easy to make!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 bottle teriyaki glaze and marinade
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 8 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 C chicken broth
- 1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce or to taste
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into quarters then sliced
- 2 (3oz) packages ramen noodles, throw away seasoning packet
- 4 green onions, sliced for garnish
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Arrange chicken thighs on a lined baking sheet and season well with salt and pepper. Cook chicken 5 inches under the broiler for 5 minutes. Open oven, slide chicken out and flip each piece over. Brush with teriyaki sauce and return to the oven for 3 minutes. Flip chicken once more, brush with sauce and return to oven for 3 more minutes or until cooked through and the sauce is bubbly and charred. Set aside.
- In a large stock pot, heat oil over medium high heat and saute mushrooms with the carrot, garlic and salt until tender-- about 5 minutes. Pour chicken broth into pot followed by the Sriracha, soy sauce. Season to taste with the soy and Sriracha. Bring to a boil.
- Add zucchini and ramen to the broth and cook 10 minutes or until the noodles and zucchini are tender. Remove from heat.
- Slice cooked chicken and serve on top hot ramen and broth. Garnish with green onions if desired.