Somen Noodle Salad with Grilled Chicken
Somen Noodle Salad with grilled chicken is a light and crisp meal that is perfect for potlucks or a casual one-bowl weeknight dinner.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 6 servings
- 3/4 cups FRESH lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Hemis Fares Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 9 oz Hemis Fares Somen Noodles 1 package
- 1 whole large yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 whole large red bell pepper chopped
- 1 whole medium cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley minced
- 2 whole green onions sliced
Combine lime juice, olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, gingerroot, garlic, sugar and red pepper flakes in a bowl and whisk to combine.
Place chicken in a ziplock bag and pour 1/4 cup of the dressing over the chicken, close bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3o minutes before cooking, up to 3 hours. Reserve remaining dressing.
Drain chicken, discard marinade, season with salt and pepper and grill chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side over medium heat, until a thermometer reads 165 degrees.
Meanwhile, cook somen noodles according to package directions, drain and rinse in cold water.
Combine bell peppers, cucumber, parsley and onions in a large bowl. Cut chicken into strips and add pasta and chicken to the vegetable mixture. Toss salad with the dressing just before serving.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 427kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 806mg | Potassium: 594mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 5.2% | Vitamin C: 17.8% | Calcium: 3.1% | Iron: 10.6%