Queso Blanco Dip
Queso Blanco-- White, cheesy, creamy deliciousness for your chips that goes down to your hips. Let's not think about the hip thing though...
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 1 pound White American Cheese shredded (you can find this at most grocery store deli counters)
- 8 ounces Monterrey Jack Cheese shredded
- 1 Jalepeno seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 whole fresh tomato seeded and diced
- 1 1/2- 2 cup milk
Heat oil over medium high heat and cook jalepeno and onion until tender and starting to caramelize.
Reduce heat to medium low and stir in grated cheeses and ½ C milk
Continue to stir until smooth adding milk until the desired consistency is reached.
Stir in chopped tomatoes and cilantro.
Serve hot with chips or tortillas. Reheats well over medium heat or in the microwave, stirring frequently.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 405kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 1147mg | Potassium: 307mg | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1170IU | Vitamin C: 6.1mg | Calcium: 929mg | Iron: 0.6mg