These Chocolate Covered Strawberry Candy Bars are portable and the perfect way to deliver chocolate and strawberries to your lover! Use your favorite chocolate bars as the base and top with juicy strawberries and any toppings you’d like.
If you’re looking for the perfect, yummy gift to give to your valentine this year, your search is over! These chocolate covered strawberry candy bars are so easy to make and so fun to personalize to specific tastes. I’m just going skip any senseless rambling that I usually do in my posts and head straight to the recipe today because it’s pretty fun. You’ll get plenty from me at a later date I’m sure.
Not much is needed for this– just chocolate and strawberries! You’ll need your favorite jumbo-sized candy bar for the base.
I decided to flip the chocolate bar over and put the strawberries on the flat ugly side because it’s going to be covered up anyway and will give the strawberries something smooth to adhere to.
I tried to find some smaller-ish strawberries for this and cut the green tops off so that they were all about the same height.
You may want to arrange the strawberries on the bar before you dip them in chocolate to see how they’ll all fit on the bar.
For the chocolate, I used dark chocolate candy coating. You can find candy coating in just about any grocery store and most craft stores carry a good variety too. You can definitely just melt down some chocolate chips but you may have to add a little bit of shortening to make it thin enough and it won’t have the nice, shiny luster that this has because the chocolate won’t be tempered. Tempering is a whole other beast that I’m not ready to jump into on this post. 🙂
Once you know where you want your strawberries to go, dip the ends of each berry and place them on the bar.
What should I put on my chocolate covered strawberry candy bar??
Once you have all the berries on there, it’s time to decorate! You can really go all out here if you want, but I kept it simple. I just poured some of the melted chocolate into a squeeze bottle and drizzled it over the top, but here are some other fun ideas in addition to the chocolate (so they will stick).
- A white chocolate drizzle
- Crushed nuts
- Toasted coconut
- Caramel Drizzle (might get messy if too runny)
- Crushed Oreo cookies or graham crackers
From here it just needs to be wrapped up. I had some cellophane bags left over from a party that worked perfect and I bet the dollar store has some cute ones, too!
- 1 jumbo-sized chocolate bar
- 15-20 fresh strawberries
- 1 C Chocolate candy melts-- I used dark chocolate melts
- Cut tops off of strawberries, making them all about the same height.
- Arrange on the flat bottom side of the chocolate bar to make sure they fit and set aside.
- Melt chocolate melts in the microwave, stirring every 15 seconds until smooth and melted.
- Dip flat ends of strawberries in the chocolate and carefully place on the chocolate bar. Repeat with each strawberry until bar is covered.
- Place remaining melted chocolate in a squeeze bottle and decorate strawberries as desired. If you don't have a squeeze bottle, a fork or spoon work well for drizzling.
- Allow chocolate to set, wrap and deliver.
I'd love to see how you rocked it! Share your photo on Instagram with the hashtag #heatherlikesfood --It will totally make my day to see it!