Forget thinking about what to make for dinner for the next 6 weeks!Get my new cookbook and meal plan!
There’s so much yum happening in this teriyaki chicken big bowl. The combination of sticky, sweet chicken, hot broth, veggies and tender, slurp-able noodles is almost too much to handle. Good thing it’s easy to make!
I’m having a day.
It’s not a day of great significance or anything.
Just a day.
A day where I sit and stare at this little blog of mine until I go cross-eyed, trying to figure out where I want this to go. I’ve been at this for the past 5 years. FIVE years.
Making recipes. Taking pictures. Writing blog posts. Repeat.
And don’t get me wrong, I love it. I really do. But the monotony of it is kind of creeping in on me.
I’m no where near the “power bloggers” in stats or number of posts or brands that are waiting with baited breath to work with me. But I’m not “small” either. I have a recipe that’s been pinned 570,000 times. That’s something. I’m going on a cruise next week with my husband because of this blog. That’s something.
I have you guys.
You’re devoted to trying my recipes. Emailing me questions. Letting me know you’re there.
Thank you for that!
Maybe it’s the summer lull that is getting to me. Maybe I’m a little burned out. Maybe I’m just going crazy because my 2 oldest kids have been gone this week at their grandparent’s house and it’s been eerily quiet here.
I don’t know, but I need to figure it out. Can you help me? Ha!
Asking for help when I’m not really sure what I need help with is kind of a funny thing. But maybe you’ll know.
Probably not though, and that’s okay.
I’ll figure it out.
Maybe on my cruise next week I’ll have an epiphany while laying on the warm Mexican beach.
Ok. Who am I kidding, I’ll be sleeping.
But, if you want a really killer dinner that I haven’t talked about AT ALL in this post for it, you need to try this teriyaki chicken big bowl! It’s quick and easy to put together and my whole family loves it.
So, until I figure it out. Let’s go eat some ramen!
Teriyaki Chicken Big Bowl
- 6 whole boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 8 ounce bottle teriyaki glaze and marinade
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 ounces white mushrooms sliced
- 2 whole medium carrots julienned
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce or to taste
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 whole medium zucchini cut into quarters then sliced
- 6 ounces ramen noodles, throw away seasoning packet
- 4 whole green onions sliced for garnish
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Arrange chicken thighs on a lined baking sheet and season well with salt and pepper. Cook chicken 5 inches under the broiler for 5 minutes. Open oven, slide chicken out and flip each piece over. Brush with teriyaki sauce and return to the oven for 3 minutes. Flip chicken once more, brush with sauce and return to oven for 3 more minutes or until cooked through and the sauce is bubbly and charred. Set aside.
- In a large stock pot, heat oil over medium high heat and saute mushrooms with the carrot, garlic and salt until tender-- about 5 minutes. Pour chicken broth into pot followed by the Sriracha, soy sauce. Season to taste with the soy and Sriracha. Bring to a boil.
- Add zucchini and ramen to the broth and cook 10 minutes or until the noodles and zucchini are tender. Remove from heat.
- Slice cooked chicken and serve on top hot ramen and broth. Garnish with green onions if desired.