Oven Roasted Potato and Sausage Skillet - Totally off topic, but I just need to tell you about how awesome my 3 yr. old is today. Yesterday I was absolutely exhausted and felt like my baby was 14 lbs and trying to dig himself out of my uterus with a plastic spoon. Not so fun. So I casually said to M ( my 3 yr old) "I'm pretty sleepy and I think we should go take a nap" totally not expecting her to be compliant. But what does she do? She jumps up, runs into my room and tucks herself into my bed! Maybe one of the proudest moments of my life. And then, THEN, she proceeds to sleep for 2 and half hours cuddled up next to me. Best day of my pregnancy? Probably.
How to Make an Oven Roasted Potato and Sausage Skillet Recipe
I'm all about super easy meals these days. Okay, let's face it, I'm pretty much always about easy meals but this one is so easy that I can even throw it together on my laziest of days and serve it with carrot sticks to satisfy my veggie requirement.
All you need is some potatoes, a bell pepper, onion, and some smoked sausage to make this easy oven roasted potato and sausage skillet recipe.
Quickly dice it up (potato skins and all), throw it in a large oven-save skillet or baking dish, drizzle with some olive oil and season with your favorite steak seasoning. For steak seasoning I usually use montreal steak, but any type of rub or seasoning with pepper, salt, garlic, onions and other seasonings should work good for you.
Pop that baby into a 400 degree oven for about 40 minutes, stirring it about every 10 to help with even browning and you're done! I like to chop up a little bit of fresh parsley to sprinkle over the top. It gives it a little pop of color and adds some freshness to the meal.
That's all for today, happy Friday friends!
Oven Roasted Potato and Sausage Skillet
- 4-6 medium russet potatoes washed and diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 14 oz smoked sausage sliced and cut in half
- 1 tbsp favorite steak seasoning I used Montreal Steak
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ C fresh parsley finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine all ingredients except for parsley in a large oven-proof skillet or baking dish and toss to combine.
- Cook uncovered, stirring every 10 minutes for about 40-45 minutes total or until potatoes are tender and browned.
- Top with parsley and serve.