This Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup has all the flavor of your favorite stuffed bell peppers wrapped up into a hearty soup that is made in 7 minutes thanks to the Instant Pot!
This Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup is one of my new favorite recipes for the fall. It tastes just like a stuffed pepper and is so much easier to make!
No pre-cooking meat, no pre-cooking rice, and no hollowing out peppers! Everything is made in one pot inside the Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker and only takes 7 minutes to cook!
It’s basically my weeknight dream meal.
Tips for Making Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup
- Don’t have an Instant Pot? No problem! This can be made in any electric pressure cooker or on the stovetop. To make on the stovetop follow the directions up until adding the rice. Bring all ingredients to a simmer and then add the rice. Let simmer, covered for about 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- I like to use a combination of ground turkey and ground beef in my Stuffed Bell Pepper soup as stated in the recipe, but feel free to use any combination (or lack thereof) that you like.
Want More Easy Instant Pot Soup Recipes?
- Four 7 Minute Instant Pot Soup Recipes
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Chili with Pineapple
- Lentil Soup Made In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Broccoli and Four Cheese Soup
Tools I Use For Instant Pot Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup:
- The Instant Pot 🙂 : This is the model that I have and LOVE. My Instant Pot has been with me for over a year and I’ve definitely put it through the ringer, but still works like new! It’s changed the dinnertime routine at our house and helps me make meals in under an hour that used to take HOURS!
- The Chop Stir: This strange little tool makes short work of browning ground meat with its odd shape that allows it to crumble the meat quickly as it cooks.
Instant Pot Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup
This stuffed Bell Pepper soup has all the flavor of your favorite stuffed bell peppers wrapped up into a hearty soup that is made in 7 minutes thanks to the Instant Pot!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound ground beef
- 28 ounces tomato sauce
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes undrained
- 2 cups diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 6 cups beef broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice
Set the Instant Pot to "Saute" and brown and crumble meats until cooked through. Drain off excess fat or use a paper towel to absorb it.
Add onion, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, green peppers, sugar, salt, broth and rice.
Place and secure the lid on the Instant Pot, cancel the "Saute" mode and set it on "Manual" mode. Enter 7 minutes cooking time at High Pressure and allow to cook.
Once cooking time is up, do a manual release of pressure or allow it come down naturally. Remove lid and serve.