Your go-to recipe for tangy, crispy, and buttery garlic bread. Throw some mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top for ultimate garlic cheese bread or leave as is. You can’t go wrong!
Though it’s rich and buttery, garlic bread is one of life’s sweetest things. Some might argue things like family or watching the sunrise should fall into that category, but I’m all about the garlic bread.
Oh, come on! I kid, I kid. I really do love my family more than garlic bread. I just happen to have a really large compartment open in my heart for carbs covered in butter and zesty garlic. Sometimes I’m in the mood for some stretchy cheese to be thrown into the mix, but today we’re going purist. Though, I’m not sure we can call this recipe a purist’s garlic bread. Whatevs.
My recipe calls for equal parts of mayo and softened butter and a few minced garlic cloves. Mix them up until smooth and spread over 2 halves of a loaf of Italian or French Bread. Appalled by the thought of mayo? I was too. Until I tried it.
Trust the Heather.
On top of the butter/garlic/mayo mix you’re going to sprinkle on a good amount of my garlic bread seasoning. <— click for the recipe.
This next step is completely optional, but I like to sprinkle on just a little bit of smoked paprika. Not only does it give the bread a little pop of color, it adds a nice little hint of smokiness to the finished bread.
Once the bread is assembled you’ll pop the bread in the oven for about 10 minutes at 375 degrees and then crank the heat up to broil and cook it for an additional 3-4 minutes or until it’s nice and browned.
Ultimate Garlic Bread
- 1 whole loaf french or Italian bread
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- Garlic Bread Seasoning
- Smoked Paprika optional
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cut bread in half long-ways and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Combine butter, mayonnaise and garlic in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Spread evenly over the cut sides of the bread.
- Sprinkle the garlic bread seasoning and a bit of smoked paprika over the spread.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn oven to BROIL and cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until browned and crisp. Keep an eye on it while under the broiler as it will cook quickly and can burn before you know it.