Forget thinking about what to make for dinner for the next 6 weeks!Get my new cookbook and meal plan!
Forget the box and make this easy one pan dish with ingredients you likely already have on hand. It is so flavorful, creamy, and there are never any leftovers at my house. This is the ultimate in easy fall comfort food!
Ever since bingeing on Pasta Roni when I first left home to go to school, I haven’t been able to bring myself to buy another box of pasta, hamburger helper, or the like. Why I ate so much of it is still beyond me. I used to throw some frozen broccoli into the water with the pasta and call that good for dinner. Fun times. I do, however, LOVE myself a quick one pan meal! This recipe for One Pan Cheeseburger Macaroni uses fresh, real ingredients and is done in just about the same amount of time that it’s boxed counterpart is and tastes approximately 2,100 times better. You just brown, stir, boil, stir a little bit more, and it’s done! Hope you’ll try it.
One Pan Cheeseburger Macaroni
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 whole medium onion chopped
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon corn starch
- 15 ounces chicken broth
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes UNDRAINED
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 1/4 cups fresh parsley chopped
- In a large skillet brown the beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink and the onion is soft. Drain off excess fat and return to the stove.
- Stir salt, chili powder, dill, sugar and garlic powder into the beef and continue to cook over medium heat.
- In a small bowl combine milk with the corn starch, stirring until fully dissolved.
- Pour the tomatoes and chicken broth into the pan followed by the milk, stirring until well combined. Add macaroni to the pan, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 11-15 minutes or until the macaroni is tender. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in cheese and parsley, stirring until combined. Serve hot.