This is the famed guacamole recipe from Chipotle! They posted it on their website and couldn’t help buy recreate and share it with you here!
I’m a little bit of a guacamole freak. There are few things in life that give me as much joy as a big bowl of fresh guacamole and warm, salty tortilla chips. There was a time in my life that I thought avocados were an abomination, but that was a long, long time ago and I’m so glad I see the light now.
A few weeks ago, my beloved Chipotle (The carnitas are back!!) released their guacamole recipe. It’s not like guacamole is rocket science, but I was excited to see the proportions they used so I could replicate it at home.
And in the past few weeks, I’ve made it at least 4 times. And one time, I made a double batch. And every time I ate it with these tortillas because they rock my socks. Seriously guys. This guacamole + hot and fresh corn tortillas = so much happy.
So it’s only proper that I share it with you today. Besides, it gave me another excuse to make it… not like I needed one, but whatevs.
Now excuse me while I go make some tortillas so I can finish off this bowl.
- 2 whole Hass Avocados
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 whole jalepeno including seeds, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
- Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
- Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss and coat with lime juice.
- Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.