Forget thinking about what to make for dinner for the next 6 weeks!Get my new cookbook and meal plan!
This is the famed guacamole recipe from Chipotle! They posted it on their website and couldn’t help buy recreate and share it with you here!
I’m a little bit of a guacamole freak. There are few things in life that give me as much joy as a big bowl of fresh guacamole and warm, salty tortilla chips. There was a time in my life that I thought avocados were an abomination, but that was a long, long time ago and I’m so glad I see the light now.
A few weeks ago, my beloved Chipotle (The carnitas are back!!) released their guacamole recipe. It’s not like guacamole is rocket science, but I was excited to see the proportions they used so I could replicate it at home.
And in the past few weeks, I’ve made it at least 4 times. And one time, I made a double batch. And every time I ate it with these tortillas because they rock my socks. Seriously guys. This guacamole + hot and fresh corn tortillas = so much happy.
So it’s only proper that I share it with you today. Besides, it gave me another excuse to make it… not like I needed one, but whatevs.
Now excuse me while I go make some tortillas so I can finish off this bowl.
Other Mexican Inspired Recipes You Might Like
- Chile Colorado
- Oven Pork Carnitas
- Easy Mexican Rice Recipe
- Baked Tacos
- One Pan Black Bean Burrito
- Pozole Verde
- 2 whole Hass Avocados
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 whole jalepeno including seeds, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
- Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
- Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss and coat with lime juice.
- Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.