These Crockpot Chicken Ranch Tacos are creamy, slightly spicy and great served in warm tortillas with lettuce, pico, and avocado.
Crockpot Chicken Ranch Tacos
These Crockpot Chicken Ranch tacos are what would happen if my Cilantro Lime Ranch Recipe and Shredded Taco Chicken had a baby. I mean, that's basically what they are-- chicken mixed with ranch dressing mix, some spices, green chiles, and sour cream. The chicken is seriously delicious and would be great on all sorts of things from tacos to nachos, on my steakhouse baked potatoes, on a taco salad or wrapped up in enchiladas.
Where has this month gone? Seriously. I know it's a short month, but I can't believe it's almost March. MARCH! I'm super excited though because I totally dropped the ball on making cute Valentine's day food and now I get to make up for it with St. Patrick's day. Get excited people. Get excited.
My poor husband spent his entire day on Saturday at work and school, we're talking 14 hours. Granted this is pretty normal during the school year and we've become quite accustomed, it still stinks. Major brownie points to all the military wives that rarely have their husbands home because I really don't think I/my kids would survive.
Making Crockpot Chicken Tacos
Anyways in an attempt at actually planning ahead for dinner and not resorting to "noodle soup"- our fancy name for ramen- I came up with these crockpot chicken ranch tacos. After a long, husband-less day this ranch chicken totally made it okay for him to be gone for so long. Well, kind of. If one of the tacos could have fished out the hairbrush, toilet paper roll, toothbrush, paper valentine, and the stick of gum that my 18-month-old put in the toilet that day, I would be all over it.
It's the little things.
Tips for Making the BEST Crockpot Chicken Ranch Tacos
- Use Ranch DRESSING mix, not the DIP-- Dip mixes typically have thickeners and starches in them to make them a bit thicker. You don't need those to make these crockpot chicken tacos.
- Watch the Chicken-- If you decide to cook these chicken tacos on high in the crockpot, watch the chicken after about hour three. Depending on how hot your crockpot cooks, the chicken may be done early.
Crockpot Chicken Ranch Tacos
- 4 whole Chicken breast halves boneless skinless
- 2 Envelopes ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 ounces diced green chiles
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice from ½ lime
- In a slow-cooker, combine chicken breasts, ranch dressing mix, chicken broth, chili powder, cumin, and green chiles. Stir around until chicken is coated and there aren’t any big lumps of dressing mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high 2-4 hour depending on how your crockpot cooks. Chicken should be cooked through and easily shred. Remove chicken from pot, shred, return to pot and stir in sour cream and chopped cilantro. Serve in tortillas with lettuce, cheese, avocado, and pico de gallo.