I love cooking fish for dinner! I admit that there was a time when I didn’t like fish AT ALL, and sadly it’s only been the last 5 or 6 years that I’ve tackled my aversion and done a total turn-around. Why do I love cooking fish? Oh, let me count the ways….
1. It’s FAST! I can take a fish fillet out of the freezer 5 minutes before I need to put it in the oven and it’s ready to go after a quick bath in some hot water.
2. I’m kind of bad at planning my meals out ahead of time, refer to above statement.
3. It’s uber healthy and I like healthy stuff
4. I don’t have to plan meals if I know I have fish fillets in the freezer.
5. It’s delicioso!
6. I can lay around all day surfing Netflix eating that cheese/caramel popcorn from Costco (have you tried it yet? mmhmm) and as long as I give myself at least 15 minutes before the hubs comes home I can make myself look presentable, change the babe’s diaper, and have fish seasoned and sitting on the counter. It’s all about appearances, right? Riiiiight.
This salmon is sweet, slightly spicy and allows you to take a Netflix day should you want one.
You’ll need some salmon although I’m sure you could use this sauce on just about any type of fish and it would be tasty. Salt and pepper both sides of your fish to start out with.
Sweet Chili Sauce: Have you used this before? It’s found in the asian foods aisle of most grocery stores and is amazing stuff. It’s sweet spicy and is good on all sorts of stuff, like fish 🙂
You’ll mix up some sweet chili sauce, lime juice, and basil…
And brush your salmon all over with the sweet and spicy goodness.
Ready for the finale? Put them under the broiler and cook about 5-7 minutes or until they flake easy with a fork. That’s it, you’re done, fine’! DE. LISH. IO.SO!
- 5- 6 (5 oz.) salmon fillets
- 1/3 C sweet chili sauce
- Juice of 1 lime (about 1-2 tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Pre-heat broiler to high.
- Prepare salmon fillets by placing them on a lined baking sheet and seasoning front and back with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine chili sauce, lime juice and basil.
- Brush sauce mixture over each piece of salmon, making sure all surfaces are covered
- Drizzle each piece with a little bit of olive oil.
- Place salmon under broiler and cook for 5 minutes and check for doneness. Continue to cook until it’s cooked to your liking, about 2 minutes more for well-done.
I'd love to see how you rocked it! Share your photo on Instagram with the hashtag #heatherlikesfood --It will totally make my day to see it!