Easy slow-cooker meals are definitely the way to my heart during crazy weekdays. If I can throw it in into the pot and not have to think about it again until I come home hours later to a deliciously scented home, I’m in love. Well, as long as it tastes good–there are a lot of things you can throw into a slow cooker and forget about that I wouldn’t touch with a 10 foot pole. 20 even.
This white chicken chili is the perfect “set it and forget it” kind of meal that I would gladly curl up in bed next to (I’m not sure what that even means). It goes into the pot and 3,4,5,6 hours and a few stirs and shreds later you have a super flavorful meal.
Place your chicken, chicken broth, green salsa (click here for a few notes on green salsa), onion, beans, herbs and spices in your slow cooker. Set it to cook on LOW for 5-6 hours, or HIGH 3-4 hours.
When time’s up take the chicken out to shred and return to the chili; stir in some sour cream and cilantro.
It should look a little something like this:
Looks delish, no? Serve it with some tortilla chips or even better, this corn bread. You’re welcome. 🙂
Do you have any fun plans for the weekend?
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 oz) can green salsa
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 C chicken broth
- 2 cans beans any variety ( I used 1 white, 1 kidney), drained
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 C sour cream
- ½ C chopped cilantro
- Combine all ingredients except for the sour cream and cilantro in a slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, HIGH 3-4 hours.
- Remove cooked chicken from pot, shred into bite-sized pieces, and return to to chili.
- Stir in sour cream and fresh cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips or corn bread.