I don’t know why I find such great joy in calling this a salad, but I do.
Its tart, loaded with marshmallows, bright pink, swirled with whipped cream and yet I can get away with the dirty little deed of calling it a salad.
Its name doesn’t fool me; I know what a rich, calorie-laden treat it really is. But somehow it makes going back for seconds just that much easier.
So, if you want something sweet, tart, tangy, soft, fluffy, and just plain delicious in your Thanksgiving spread this year make a salad.
Just make THIS salad.
- 1 pound fresh cranberries
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (16 oz) bag miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Place cranberries in blender with sugar. Puree until smooth and transfer into a large bowl.
- Stir drained pineapple into the cranberries and fold in marshmallows.
- Pour whipping cream into the blender bowl,cover and mix until the cream has thickened. You may have to stop and shake the blender a few times to get it moving once it starts to thicken.
- Fold cream into the cranberry and pineapple mixture, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
by Heather Cheney
I'd love to see how you rocked it! Share your photo on Instagram with the hashtag #heatherlikesfood --It will totally make my day to see it!