This no-bake key lime cheesecake is going to be your new favorite light and cool dessert! It takes just a few ingredients– one of them actually being lemon jello! Read on to find out why!
I can’t resist posting this No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake today. While it may be cold, wet and/or snowy wherever you are on this winter’s day, this cheesecake will bring some good vibes and maybe just a glimpse of what summer will look like in your kitchen.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not asking you to wait until summer to make this recipe, but I do know it will make a mighty fine addition to your summer BBQs and get-togethers.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
The secret to the No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake is the addition of lemon flavored jello. You heard me right, LEMON jello. You might be tempted to use lime jello, but DON’T! Using lemon jello gives it just the right amount of citrus flavor when paired with the key lime juice and lime zest. Using lime flavored jello will turn the cheesecake that obnoxiously fake green color and overpower the key lime juice. Just trust me on this one. 🙂
Tips for making this No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake:
- Fresh key limes can be hard to find if they aren’t in season, so I use bottled key lime juice. It can be typically be found in the juice aisle on the top shelf in a pale yellow bottle. I’ve linked to the kind I use in in the “tools section” below.
- Don’t know the difference between key limes and regular limes? Key Limes have a tarter, more floral juice making them great for baking and desserts– hence the famous key lime pie! You can substitute normal lime juice in this recipe, just know the flavor will be a bit sweeter and different, than typical key lime pie.
- When making cheesecake (no bake or baked), it’s imperative that all your batter ingredients be room temperature. Doing this will ensure the cream cheese can be mixed into a super smooth batter with no lumps.
- Use a 10.5″ deep dish pie plate or 9×13″ pan for this recipe. If you try to use a standard 9″ pie dish, you’ll have more filling and crust than can fit.
Want more simple dessert recipes?
- Creamy Vanilla Bean No Bake Cheesecake
- Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Ultimate Rice Crispy Treats
- Raspberry Oreo Fluff
Tools used in making this No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake:
- Nellie and Joes Key Lime Juice: A bottle of this will last at least a year in your fridge and longer if you freeze it into juice ice cubes. I love having it in my fridge to add to drinks and recipes when needed.
- 10.5″ Deep Dish Pie Plate: I used a pie plate similar to this one when making larger pie/dessert recipes.
- Flexible Pie Server: I received a flexible pie server as a wedding gift almost 14 years ago, and it’s still going strong! It makes taking that first piece of pie out of the pan a breeze!
Key Lime No Bake Cheesecake
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3.4 ounce box lemon jello
- 16 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons key lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces heavy cream
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with sugar and butter in a bowl. Firmly press into the bottom and up the sides of a large 10.5" pie dish or into bottom of a rectagular 9x13" pan. Use the flat bottom of a glass to help even the surface and compact the crumbs.
- Pour lemon jello into boiling water and stir until dissolved. Place into refrigerator until cooled to room temperature.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese with sugar, lime juice, lime zest and vanilla with an electric mixer until very smooth. Pour cooled jello (must be room temperature!) into the cheese mixture and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl beat heavy cream until medium-stiff peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream into the jello/cheese mixture and mix until combined.
- Pour into prepared crust and refrigerate until set-- about 2 hours. Serve chilled with whipped cream and lime wedges.