These Honey Dijon chicken thighs are just about everything you could want from a piece of chicken. They are tender, juicy, sweet, tangy, sticky, and just finger-lickin’ good. As a bonus, they are super easy to make!
Doesn’t this picture of these honey dijon chicken thighs just make you want to lick your screen? It does for me. I’m such a sucker when it comes to sweet, sticky sauces on chicken.
This honey dijon chicken couldn’t be easier to make, and if you’re a honey mustard-loving fanatic like me, you’re going to be licking your fingers good and clean after eating a piece. 🙂
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Tips for making these Honey Dijon Chicken Thighs:
- I love making chicken in my cast iron skillet because it heats up evenly and retains that heat so I can get a good golden sear on my chicken. Doing this just adds lots of flavor to your finished chicken. If you don’t have a cast iron skillet use the heaviest bottomed skillet that you have–, this will help with even cooking and heat retention.
- Another note on the pan you use: make sure it’s oven-proof! You’ll be transferring the pan into the oven to bake after browning the chicken.
- All honey isn’t created equal! Even if it looks like honey, tastes like honey, and comes in a bear-shaped bottle, you can’t be sure it’s 100% honey. Many commercial honey manufacturers add high-fructose corn syrup to their watered-down honey, taking it far away from what it once was. Using honey out of a bear-shaped bottle won’t ruin this recipe, but if you can, use the best honey you can! Local honey tastes better, is better for you and will make your chicken that much better! (*steps down from soapbox*)
Other Chicken Recipes You Might Like
- Chicken lo mein recipe
- Pesto Parmesan Chicken
- Easy Chicken Cacciatore
- Smothered Chicken Breast
- Barbecue Chicken
- garlic chicken thighs
- Ranch Chicken Marinade
- Simple Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Chicken Keto Soup
- Wingers Sticky Fingers
- Sweet Chili Sauce Chicken
- Oven Fried Chicken Breast
- Chicken Ricotta
- Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk
Tools used for making these Honey Dijon Chicken Thighs:
- 10″ Lodge Cast Iron Skillet: Cast Iron Skillets are your BEST friend and are a totally underrated kitchen tool. Cast iron retains heat well and allows you to get that irresistible sear on steaks and other meats you can usually only get at a restaurant. Pair this with the fact that they are CHEAP it’s a no-brainer.
- OXO Stainless Steel Tongs: These tongs take a beating in my kitchen. They go from the grill for flipping meats to the salad bowl for tossing with very little complaint. They are built like a tank and have silicone grips that make them super easy to use, even with my ridiculously small hands.
Skillet Honey Dijon Chicken Thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs skin removed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl and sprinkle over chicken.
- Combine honey and mustard in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a heavy bottomed oven-proof skillet until it shimmers. Place chicken top side down into the pan and cook until browned. Flip, cook for 1 minute and turn off heat.
- Pour honey mustard sauce over the chicken, moving it around so all surfaces are covered.
- Put skillet into the oven and bake for 10 minutes and then spoon sauce from the pan over the chicken.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through at 165 degress and juices run clear. Sprinkle with fresh chopped chives if desired and serve.