This garlic herb chicken is made in ONE PAN and is a super simple dinner that is flavorful and moist! It's a great way to use up your leftover herbs from Thanksgiving!
Welcome to your new favorite dinner idea. 🙂 These garlic herb chicken thighs are seriously delicious using minimal ingredients and time. As a bonus, it's a great way to use any leftover fresh herbs from Thanksgiving! I feel like I always have fresh herbs after Thanksgiving that didn't make their way into the turkey or stuffing. And I'm always DETERMINED to use them because they are expensive, yo.
I love this recipe because the chicken packs a serious punch of flavor without much effort. You don't have to think ahead and put the chicken a marinade or make a complicated spice rub to get amazing flavor here! The herbs and garlic do all the work.
I don't have fresh, can I use dried herbs for this Garlic Herb Chicken?
Absolutely! As a general rule, you use ⅓ the measured amount when substituting dried herbs for fresh herbs because dried herbs are generally more potent and concentrated than fresh herbs. For example, if a recipe calls for 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary, you need only 1 teaspoon of dried, since 3 teaspoons equal 1 tablespoon.
What KINDS of herbs should I use for Garlic Herb Chicken?
I love the combination of Rosemary and Thyme with garlic so that's what I typically use. That said, use what you have! Most herbs go well together, so experiment and see what combinations YOU like. You never know until you try!
Here are some other herb combinations I like:
- Basil + Dill + Chives
- Parsley + Bay + Thyme
- Sage + Rosemary + Thyme
- Basil + Marjoram + Oregano + Thyme
I only have boneless skinless chicken breast, can I use those to make this Garlic Herb Chicken?
Yes! While I'm a big fan of using bone-in chicken thighs for this because they stay so moist and have a richer flavor, you can absolutely substitute chicken breasts into this recipe. The only adjustment you'll need to make is the final cooking time once you've covered the pan as white meat cooks quicker than dark meat. I would check breasts at the 10-minute mark and go from there.
Other Chicken Recipes You Might Like
- Chicken lo mein recipe
- Pesto Parmesan Chicken
- Easy Chicken Cacciatore
- Smothered Chicken Breast
- Honey Dijon Chicken Thighs
- Barbecue Chicken
- Ranch Chicken Marinade
- Simple Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Chicken Keto Soup
- Wingers Sticky Fingers
- Sweet Chili Sauce Chicken
- Oven Fried Chicken Breast
- Chicken Ricotta
- Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk
Tools Used for this Garlic Herb Chicken:
- Lodge 10" Cast Iron Skillet: Cast Iron Skillets are your BEST friend and are totally underrated. Cast iron retains heat really well and allows you to get that irresistable sear on steaks and other meats you can usually only get at a restaurant. Pair this with the fact that they are CHEAP it's a no-brainer.
- OXO Stainless Steel Tongs: These tongs take a beating in my kitchen. They go from the grill for flipping meats to the salad bowl for tossing with very little complaint. They are built like a tank and have silicone grips that make them super easy to use, even with my very small hands.
One Pan Garlic Herb Chicken Thighs
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs skin removed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ teaspoon fresh herbs chopped. or ½ teaspoon dried herbs. I used 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary and ½ teaspoon fresh thyme.
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives chopped for garnish (optional)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides until golden. Remove chicken from pan.
- Add the garlic cloves and wine (or broth) and simmer, scraping the bottom of the pan until most of the liquid is almost evaporated.
- Stir in chicken broth and herbs; return chicken to pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover pan. Cook, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Spoon the juices over the chicken, sprinkle with chives and serve.
ทางเข้าเล่น joker says
your website is very nice, the article is very enlightening, I wish you continued success.
Grig Woods says
Wow. I am a big fan of delicious food, and if you want to order high-quality full spectrum cbd oil with thc, then I can tell you where you can do it and not fall for the tricks of scammers! These guys know how to create a safe high CBD product! This process consists of several stages and if you are interested, you can go and see more!