Garlic Ranch Chicken Marinade is a quick and easy marinade that is full of flavor and makes grilling, sautéing, or baking delicious chicken a snap.
This garlic ranch chicken marinade is one of my go-to recipes. This recipe gets used all the time when I need some super flavorful chicken. It’s most often used to make grilled chicken to eat throughout the week on salads for my lunch. I find that if I have a container of grilled and sliced chicken breast ready to eat in the fridge, I’m more likely to throw a salad together when I’m hungry than eating the kid’s left-over peanut butter sandwiches.
I also like this recipe because while it is ranch flavored, it’s a subtle ranch flavor and works well when added to basically anything. Like tonight, I’m using the chicken on top of fettuccine alfredo and I’ve used it inside of casseroles and wrapped it up in burritos, too! It’s super versatile!
How To Cook Garlic Ranch Chicken After Marinading:
- Grilled— This is my absolute favorite way to eat chicken, so it makes sense that this is how I typically cook my chicken after marinading it.
- Baked— Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Take the chicken out of the garlic ranch chicken marinade and place on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Seared and Baked— This is my second favorite way to make/eat chicken– Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat a heavy-bottomed, oven-proof skillet (I love cast iron) over high heat with 2 tablespoons of oil. Sear the chicken until golden on both sides and transfer skillet to the hot oven. Cook about 10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees.
Recipes Perfect for Using This Garlic Ranch Chicken Marinade:
- Pasta recipes that you can stir cooked chicken into like Better Than Costco Mac and Cheese, Chicken Florentine Gnocchi, Brown Butter Fettuccini Alfredo
- Salads like Bowtie Chicken Caesar Salad, Grilled Vegetable Salad, Antipasti Chicken Salad
- Or With Side Dishes like Easy Baked Rice Pilaf, Cheesy Vegetable Quinoa Bake
Want More Easy Chicken Recipes?
- Sheet Pan Pesto Chicken and Veggies
- Bacon Wrapped Pesto Chicken
- Easy Chicken Cacciatore
- One Pan Smothered Chicken Skillet
Tools Used For Garlic Ranch Chicken Marinade:
- Lodge Reversible Cast Iron Griddle— When we moved a few months ago we didn’t bring our grill with us so I had to find an alternative until we get a new one. This pan heats up evenly and gives me the grilled taste I love. I’ll admit that it makes my house a little smoky, but it’s worth it.
- OXO Stainless Steel Tongs— These tongs take a beating in my kitchen. They go from the grill for flipping meats to the salad bowl for tossing with very little complaint. They are built like a tank and have silicone grips that make them super easy to use, even with my very small hands.
- Lodge 10″ Cast Iron Skillet— Cast Iron Skillets are your BEST friend and are totally underrated. Cast iron retains heat really well and allows you to get that irresistable sear on steaks and other meats you can usually only get at a restaurant. Pair this with the fact that they are CHEAP it’s a no-brainer.
- 3 tablespoons or 1 pkg. ranch dressing mix
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and pour over 2-3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts in a gallon sized ziplock bag. Let marinade in the refrigerator for 4-24 hours.
- Cook as desired, seasoning lightly with salt before cooking.
I'd love to see how you rocked it! Share your photo on Instagram with the hashtag #heatherlikesfood --It will totally make my day to see it!