Have you guys ever had fried ravioli?
Who wouldda thunk that coating cheese filled pasta with seasoned breadcrumbs and deep frying them would make something heavenly?!
Oh wait, that does sound pretty good.
Anyway, the point is that these bad boys are where it’s at when you need to make a finger food that is going to knock the socks off whomever’s feet you want naked. And the roasted red pepper sauce is enough to knock their toe nail polish off should you need some extra ooomph.
And with football season in full swing, these would be great for home-based tailgating. I don’t know that I’d recommend deep frying off your actual tailgate, but if you’re watching the game from the couch (which is how we roll), these are a great, easy snack that tastes a lot more complicated than they actually are. I created this recipe in partnership with Red Baron pizza as something that would be great served along their pizza for game time.
Your favorite pizza brands, Tony’s®, Red Baron® and Freschetta® are kicking off Tailgate at Your Place –a whole new tradition and virtual hub where you can earn sweepstakes entries for the chance to WIN prizes totaling $150,000! Explore recipes, college football trivia, party tips, games and more! Don’t miss out. Visit www.TailgateAtYourPlace.com now (through 1/10/2015) and begin by designing your virtual living room!
My recipe is on the website ( it’s below, too! ) and you’ll also find other blogger’s recipes. It’s just a fun space to plan some good eats for the game. Check it out!
- 12 oz bag frozen cheese-filled ravioli
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 C plain bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 C flour
- 1 C jarred alfredo sauce
- 1/4 C jarred roasted red peppers
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Oil for frying
- Whisk together egg milk until smooth. In a separate bowl combine breadcrumbs with Italian seasoning and garlicsalt. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Dip each frozen ravioli in the flour then the egg mixture and finally coat in the breadcrumbs. Lay coated ravioli on a baking sheet and allow to sit for 20-30 minutes or until mostly thawed.
- In a blender combine alfredo sauce, peppers and vinegar and blend until smooth.
- In a large skillet or deep fryer heat 3 C of oil until it reaches 375 degrees.
- Fry the thawed and breaded ravioli in batches until golden brown and place on paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese while hot.
- Heat sauce in microwave and serve alongside the cooked ravioli.
I'd love to see how you rocked it! Share your photo on Instagram with the hashtag #heatherlikesfood --It will totally make my day to see it!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Red Baron. The opinions and text are all mine.