All the flavor of your favorite peanut butter cup wrapped around crunchy popcorn! This Peanut Butter Popcorn is for you, Reese’s Lovers!
I have a deep, dark, passionate love affair with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. The hubs knows it. The kids know it. It’s just a fact that everyone around me has had to cope with.
At some point when we were first married I came clean and told the hubs how good they tasted first thing in the morning. I’m not talking about candy for breakfast- pssshhh. I’m talking, roll-over-and-reach-into-the-night-stand-and-eat-one-while-still-in-bed first thing in the morning. It’s not an easy confession to make, but I knew it needed to be said if we were going to have any chance at a happy marriage, you know? And you guys, guess how sweet my husband was?
That dear, dear man kept my nightstand drawer full of peanut butter cups for years! YEARS! I’m not kidding. He’d often wake me up with a Reese’s in hand and rub my back as I came sleepily into each day. We will be married for 13 years this summer and while it’s been some time since I’ve woken up to the sweet kiss of a Reese’s, dang it guys, I married the right man!
So, if dedicating a peanut butter popcorn recipe to your husband is even remotely romantic, that’s what I’m going to do here. This one’s for you, babe! 🙂
This peanut butter popcorn is sweet and salty and creamy and almost as good as eating a peanut butter cup right out of your loving husband’s hands first thing in the morning. Enjoy, friends!
Reese's Peanut Butter Popcorn
- 4 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups chopped
- 1/2 Cup white chocolate candy coating
- 8-10 Cups popped popcorn about 1/2 C unpopped kernels
- 1/2 C Reese's Pieces
- Combine peanut butter cups and candy coating in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds, stir and continue to microwave in 20 second intervals until completely melted.
- Pour chocolate over popcorn and stir until chocolate evenly covers popcorn. Stir Reese's Pieces into the popcorn and spread onto a baking sheet to cool and harden. Once coating is set, break into bite-sized pieces if needed.