These Screaming Ghost Donuts are the perfect easy dessert for a creepy party this halloween! They are so easy to make using refrigerated biscuit dough and are always a hit!
Aren’t these fun? I’m so excited to share them with you today!
They aren’t rocket science. I mean, it’s refrigerated biscuit dough after all. But I just think they’re so. stinkin’. cute for a halloween party.
I imagine these piled high on a big black platter with clouds of powdered sugar pushing over the platter’s edge onto the table cloth. The powdery mess almost making them more spooky.
I’ve been having a little bit of fun with video lately. I’m a great big newb when it comes to video editing so it takes me a ridiculously long time to make even a 30 second clip, but it’s so fun when it’s done.
And just like a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth… a million? I dunno. Here’s how to make them, nonetheless.
The printable recipe is below as well. Enjoy, friends!
Screaming Ghost Donuts
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuit dough
- oil for frying-- I use peanut
- powdered sugar
- Heat oil over medium heat to 350-375 degrees.
- Roll each piece of dough into an oblong shape and cut 2 eyes and a mouth with small round cutters--I used the back ends of frosting tips.
- Carefully lower each "ghost face" into the oil and fry until golden on each side.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper or a rack. Once mostly cool, dust donuts with a liberal amount of powdered sugar