Texas Toast Griddle Burgers – Grilled cheese sandwiches and I are BFFs and when I bought a loaf of Texas toast to make french toast with (if you’ve never done that, you need too!) I decided that needed to make a grilled cheese with it. And then, before I knew it, I had hamburger patties sizzling away on the griddle and burger sauce mixed up. That day was a goooood lunch day. Too bad I was the only one home.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
How to Make Texas Toast Griddle Burgers
These Texas Toast griddle burgers are super simple to get going and satisfy that I-want-a-burger-grilled-cheese-hybrid craving that I everybody gets. Am I right? The trick here is to make your patties super thin, like as thin as you can make them. I like to use an ice cream scoop to portion out the patties into 1/3 C portions.
Sizzle sweet patty, sizzle.
This is some serious lunch here.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- 2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 12 Slices Texas Toast Bread
- 6 slices american cheese
- 1/4 C Ketchup
- 1/4 C Mayonaise
- 1 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 tsp dried dill weed
- Mix all ingredients for the patties together and divide into ⅓ cup portions. Press each portion into a thin patty. Cook on a griddle or large frying pan until cooked through or done to your liking- about 3 minutes per side. Add a slice of cheese on top towards the end of cooking to let melt.
- Butter 1 side of each piece of bread and cook along side the patties until golden brown and toasted.
- Combine mayo, ketchup, relish, and dill weed.
- Assemble the burgers with one patty on a piece of toast topped with tomato and lettuce. Spread about a tablespoon of the sauce on another slice of the toast and top the sandwich with it. Serve hot!