Fast and flavorful, these zucchini noodles are a great addition to any meal or even make a nice, light meal by themselves.
You guys. Zucchini Noodles. Zoodles. I’m obsessed.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Have you tried them yet? I know it’s been hip to spiralize veggies for a while now, but I never had a spiralizer. Until now.
If the saying “you are what you eat” was true, I’d be a one of those zucchinis in your garden that hid it’s self under a leaf and grew to freakish proportions. #eatallthezoodles
To make all these zoodles I’ve gracefully shoved in my face lately, I used OXO’s new Hand-Held Spiralizer. It’s really easy to use and a much more affordable option than some other spiralizers out there.
Aren’t they pretty? I’m kind of excited about all the different things I can put them in. You can spiralize any firm veggie and curly shoestring fries are getting made ASAP!
To make this pasta, you start with a couple tablespoons of salted butter and a clove of garlic that is sliced thinly. We’re going to brown the butter and fry the garlic at the same time.
If you’ve never browned butter before, there’s not a whole lot to it. You just have to know what to look for so it doesn’t burn. As the butter cooks it will start to get really foamy and bubbly. Once this happens and you notice the foam starting to subside, keep a really close eye on it. You want the butter to just be golden brown and not dark at all so take it off the heat as soon it looks just barely browned.
Pour the butter and garlic into a small bowl and set aside.
There will still be a little bit of butter left in the pan that didn’t pour off, so toss the mushrooms into the pan and cook until just tender.
Once the mushroom are tender, stir in the zucchini and cook for just a few minutes until they are hot and tender. Zucchini cooks really fast and with zoodles you want them to still have a little bite and hold their shape.
When the zucchini is cooked to your liking, season it up with a little salt and pepper and pour that beautiful garlicky browned butter over it. Some people don’t like the taste of crispy garlic, so if it’s not your thing just pour the butter and leave the garlic in the bowl. The garlic flavor is infused in the butter so it will still have plenty of flavor.
I like to add a little bit of parmesan cheese to the top too.
Brown Butter Zucchini Noodles with Garlic
- 1-2 whole zucchini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Use hand-help spiralizer to cut the zucchini.
- Heat butter over medium heat and stir in garlic. Cook garlic, stirring for 3-4 minutes. The butter will become foamy and the garlic will brown and get crisp. Watch closely as the butter foams and then subsides as the butter will be browning at this point. When it's just lightly golden, pour the butter and garlic into a small bowl.
- Return pan to heat and cook mushrooms in the bit of butter remaining in the pan until tender. Stir in zucchini and saute for 2 minutes or just until tender and hot. Remove from heat.
- Pour browned butter and garlic over the noodles and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper and parmesan cheese.