These Strawberries are dipped in sour cream and then rolled in brown sugar! It might seem a little odd, but they are one of my absolute favorite ways to eat strawberries! Easy enough to throw together last minute for a get-together and simple enough to make just enough for you. 🙂
Need a quick and easy dessert? Well, I’ve got you covered because these strawberries and sour cream are quick, easy, and absolutely divine! They even work as an easy dessert for a romantic dinner! I mean, who wouldn’t love getting strawberries dipped in sour cream and brown sugar? I’ll let your imagination do the rest to keep things rated “G” here, but seriously. Pair it with some cheese fondue and you’ve got a pretty killer meal.
Alternately, they make a great snack for a Netflix binge session as well.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Aaaanyway, this might be my favorite way to eat strawberries. I don’t remember who turned me on to this idea or when I realized what I was missing out on in life, but I’ve never been the same since.
This isn’t exactly a recipe so I hesitated to share it today, but I figured I owed it to those of you out there that hadn’t tried it yet.
How to Make Strawberries with Sour Cream and Brown Sugar
There are only two steps to euphoria here:
- Dip fresh strawberries in sour cream.
2. Roll in a bowl of crumbly brown sugar.
The sour cream mixes with the brown sugar, slightly dissolving it upon contact and creates this creamy, sweet and tart sauce that is PERFECT with the strawberries!
What Can I Do With Sour Strawberries?
Dip them in sour cream and brown sugar, of course! This is the perfect way to enjoy those less-than-sweet berries you got from the store and don’t know what to do with. Sugar and sour cream make everything better!
Tips for Making the Best Sour Cream and Brown Sugar Dipped Strawberries
- You’ll want to wash your strawberries before eating, but make sure to dry them off well with a paper towel or dish towel before eating as the sour cream won’t stick very well to the strawberries if they are wet.
- Soft, fresh brown sugar works the best for this. If you don’t have a fresh bag, make your own! I share my failproof recipe for homemade brown sugar here.
Strawberries with Sour Cream and Brown Sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries washed and dried
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Dip whole strawberries into sour cream and then roll them in brown sugar. Eat immediately.