Have an Instant Pot? Need recipes that are thoroughly tested and WORK?Get my new cookbook and meal plan for 40% OFF!
You can make these moist, 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins with 2 things you might already have in your pantry! Just stir, spoon into muffin cups and bake! A perfect recipe for the kids to make!
So, I have a daughter that loves muffins. She’d eat them all day if I let her. These 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins are some that I don’t mind her eating more than one at a time because they are loaded with pumpkin goodness, super easy to make, and take all of 2 ingredients!
How to Make Pumpkin Muffins with a Cake Mix
You’ll need 1 box of spice cake mix and 14 ounces of canned pumpkin. I doubled the recipe in the pictures. You’ll also need any mix-ins you want to use. I used walnuts here and I’ll go over some pumpkin muffin mix-in ideas below.
Are you ready for the hard part? Dump the cake mix and pumpkin into a bowl.
Very good. Now it’s time to taste. Not me, her.
Stir until it’s combined and there’s no more dry parts.
Time to scoop your 2 ingredient pumpkins up! I use an ice cream scoop for all my muffins and cupcakes to make scooping them easier and even. It also makes the tops smooth which is nice for this recipe because the shape of the muffins don’t change very much while baking.
Pop them in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes and you’ve got muffins! And, in my case, a very happy four-year-old.
Mix- In Ideas for 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
There are so many things you could mix into these muffins that would be delicious. Here are some ideas:
- Mini Chocolate chips or M&Ms
- Nuts- walnuts or pecans will work best
- Toasted Oats
- Cinnamon Streusel (Sprinkle on the top before baking)
- Cream Cheese Icing (drizzle on top after baking)
Tips for Making the BEST 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
- Use Canned Pumpkin NOT Pumpkin Pie Filling— Pumpkin pie filling is not the same as just plain canned pumpkin, so make sure you grab plain pumpkin at the grocery store when you’re getting ready to make these muffins.
- Do not Over-Mix— Stir the mixture just until no dry spots remain. The batter will be thick, but try hard to resist the urge to continue mixing. It will only make the muffins tough.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion out the batter — A cookie or ice cream scoop similar to this one will make the task of portioning the batter into the muffin pan a breeze.
- Use Muffin Liners— These muffins bake best when using paper liners.
If you want some other muffin recipes, my Greek Yogurt Blueberry Muffins are on my list of all-time favorite muffin recipes and these Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Muffins are mighty tasty, even if they aren’t “technically” muffins. 🙂
2 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
- 18 ounces spice flavored cake mix 1 box
- 14 ounces canned pureed pumpkin 1 can
- 1/2 cup mixins optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix and pumpkin in a large mixing bowl. With a spatula or wooden spoon, stir until combined and no dry spots remain — the batter will be thick.
- Stir in mix-ins if desired and spoon into a lined muffin tin. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.