You guys have to try this Instant Pot Cheesy Potato Soup! Top it with a little bit of bacon and you have a creamy soup done in 7 minutes!
Creamy, cheesy soups have always been one of my most favorite things, and this Instant Pot Cheesy Potato Soup is no different. Loads of sweet onion, potatoes, and sharp cheddar cheese make this soup super warm and comforting.
But I think the thing that makes this recipe spectacular is the addition of dried dill weed and Worcestershire sauce. These two ingredients add so much flavor and add a bit of a different twist that you haven’t tried before.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Cooking Tips for this Instant Pot Cheesy Potato Soup
- Don’t have an Instant Pot? No problem! Make this Cheesy Potato Soup on the stovetop by following the directions through adding the potatoes. At which point you’ll bring the pot to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender. You’ll then stir in the cheese, half and half and rest of the ingredients.
- Want to switch up the flavors? Using different cheeses (smoked, sharp, mild, pepper) will change the flavor of the finished soup substantially. Play with different cheeses and find a combination you LOVE.
Want More Easy Instant Pot Soup Recipes?
- Four 7 Minute Instant Pot Soup Recipes
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Chili with Pineapple
- Lentil Soup Made In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Broccoli and Four Cheese Soup
Tools I Use For Instant Pot Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup:
- The Instant Pot 🙂 : This is the model that I have and LOVE. My Instant Pot has been with me for over a year and I’ve definitely put it through the ringer, but still works like new! It’s changed the dinnertime routine at our house and helps me make meals in under an hour that used to take HOURS!
- OXO Handheld Slicer: I love this little tool when making soup because it slices small amounts of veggies quickly and easily and I don’t have to dirty a cutting board– I just slice right over the pot! I especially love it for carrots and celery.
Instant Pot Cheesy Potato Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 cups diced onions
- 2 cups diced celery
- 8 cups potatoes peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half and half
- 4 cups medium or sharp cheddar grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Set the Instant Pot to "Saute" and cook celery and onion in the butter until translucent.
- Add potatoes, salt, and chicken broth to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Place and secure the lid on the Instant Pot, cancel the "Saute" mode and set it on "Manual" mode. Enter 7 minutes cooking time at High Pressure and allow to cook.
- Once cooking time is up, do a manual release of pressure or allow it come down naturally. Remove lid.
- Stir half and half and cheese until combined and melted and season with dill, paprika and Worcestershire sauce. Serve.