Posted by https://heatherlikesfood.com/picnic-macaroni-salad/
© 2015 Heather Likes Food. All rights reserved.
Picnic Macaroni Salad
No more store bought, gloopy, overly sweet macaroni salad! This recipe is the perfect side for grilled chicken, burgers, and sandwiches. With a few pantry staples and a handful of fresh ingredients, this salad comes together quickly and simply and is my go-to recipe anytime I get a hankerin' for a starchy side.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped black olives
- 1 (4 oz) jar chopped pimentos
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 C mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 7 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions, drain and run under cold water to chill. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine olives, pimentos, onions, mayo, salt and pepper. Stir until smooth.
- Fold in cooked and chilled macaroni and chopped egg. Cover and allow to chill for 1 hour before serving.