Making this dip reconfirmed my love for mozzarella and pepperoni. As a matter of fact I don’t know why I don’t melt mozzarella with pepperoni and eat it with a fork twice a day. With bread.
Oh wait, I’d turn into the Michelin Man and that might be sad.
But once in a while it’s okay to indulge, right? See the cheesy goodness calling out to you? EAT ME!
The best part about this dip, well one of the best parts aside from the melty cheese is that you can customize it to fit your pizza profile. I made this with bell pepper, olives, and pepperoni, but any combination of toppings can be used. The key is to cook your raw ingredients first (bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, sausage, whatever) and then add them to the cheese mixture.
I served this with baguette slices that I brushed with garlic oil (1/4 C olive oil + 1 clove minced garlic) and toasted them in the oven until golden brown.
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 C sour cream
- 1/4 C mayonnaise
- 2 C Pizza Blend Cheese (usually has mozzarella, provolone, parmesan, maybe more)
- 1/2 recipe Easy Pizza Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 25 slices pepperoni
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, 1 C pizza cheese, drained tomatoes and olives, reserving some olives for the top. Set aside.
- Chop 15 slices of pepperoni, bell pepper, and garlic and cook in a small saute pan until the peppers are tender and pepperoni starts to get crispy. Remove from the heat and add to the cheese mixture. Spread cheese mixture into the bottom of a 9? pie plate.
- On top of the cheese mixture, spread the pizza sauce into an even layer and top with remaining 1 C of cheese, 10 pepperoni and reserved olives. Bake until bubbly and the cheese is melted and browned, about 20 minutes. Serve with crusty bread or garlic baguette slices.
I'd love to see how you rocked it! Share your photo on Instagram with the hashtag #heatherlikesfood --It will totally make my day to see it!