This Pepperoni Pizza dip has all your favorite pizza flavors wrapped up in a warm, cheesy, melty, dip. Make some breadsticks or dip slices of toasted baguette into it for the ultimate dipping experience.
Making this pepperoni pizza dip reconfirmed my love for mozzarella and pepperoni. It’s the perfect pair, really. And when you mix it with some cream cheese, sour cream and other pizza toppings you’re in for a mighty fine treat.
How to Make Pizza Dip
- It all starts with your pizza dip base that consists of cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, and shredded cheese. Give it a good stir.
- Stir in some canned tomatoes and sliced olives.
- Saute your favorite pizza toppings- I used bell peppers, pepperoni and garlic- until tender and stir into the cheese mixture.
- Spread cheese mixture into a baking dish and top with your favorite pizza sauce. I like to make my own by following this recipe.
- Follow up the pizza sauce with more shredded cheese and decorate with toppings, just like you would a pizza.
- Bake and enjoy!
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Cooking Tips For Making the BEST Baked Pizza Dip
- Use your Favorite Toppings— The best part about this pizza dip, well one of the best parts aside from the melty cheese is that you can customize it to fit your pizza profile. I made this pizza dip with bell pepper, olives, and pepperoni, but any combination of toppings can be used. The key is to cook your raw ingredients first (bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, sausage, whatever) and then add them to the cheese mixture.
- Use freshly grated cheese when you can– Pre-grated cheese that you buy at the grocery store is coated in food starches that keep it from caking. This is all fine and good, but cheese that doesn’t have these starches on them will melt better and give you a creamier end result.
- Make ahead– This pizza dip is one of our favorite party foods because we can make it ahead of time and just pop in the oven when we’re ready to eat.
What Should I Serve With Pizza Dip?
I typically serve my pizza dip with baguette slices that I brush with garlic oil (1/4 C olive oil + 1 clove minced garlic) and toast them in the oven until golden brown. Homemade breadsticks would be fabulous as well!
Need More Crazy Delicious Dip Recipes?
Try this Sour Cream and Onion Dip for a cool, creamy dip that’s perfect with chips! If you want a little spice, this White Queso Blanco Dip is one of my favorites. If you want something totally drool-worthy, this Ultimate California Cheesesteak Dip is crazy delicious and totally out of the ordinary!
Supreme Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups Pizza Blend Cheese usually has mozzarella, provolone, parmesan, maybe more
- 3/4 cup favorite pizza sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 ounces can petite diced tomatoes drained (1/2 can)
- 3/4 cup bell pepper chopped
- 25 slices pepperoni
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a medium mixing bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, 1 cup pizza cheese, drained tomatoes and olives, reserving some olives for the top. Set aside.
- Chop 15 slices of pepperoni, bell pepper, and garlic and cook in a small saute pan until the peppers are tender and pepperoni starts to get crispy. Remove from the heat and add to the cheese mixture. Spread cheese mixture into the bottom of a 9" pie plate.
- On top of the cheese mixture, spread the pizza sauce into an even layer and top with remaining 1 C of cheese, 10 pepperoni and reserved olives. Bake until bubbly and the cheese is melted and browned, about 20 minutes. Serve with crusty bread or garlic baguette slices.