Gorgeous Grilled Chicken – I’ve probably mentioned it here before, but I’m kind of squeamish about eating meat off a bone. I don’t know what’s wrong with me, but something about it has just never worked for me. I know I’m probably going to get hate mail saying that it’s my inner vegetarian screaming at me and that I should listen, but whatever, I’m over it. My husband on the other hand as well as my girls love chicken wings, ribs, drumsticks and basically anything else that is bone-bearing. Go figure.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Making Gorgeous Grilled Chicken
But sometimes I make it for them and I actually like it. Enter this this Gorgeous Grilled Chicken. We’ve made this a few times and each time it’s a hit with everybody. Plus, it’s just pretty lookin’. This last time I was only able to marinade them for about an hour and they weren’t as flavorful, so make sure to give yourself plenty of time for them to soak up the goodness. BUT don’t let them marinade for more than 4 hours or so because the lemon juice in the marinade will actually start to cook the chicken and will give it a funky texture in the end. I used all drumsticks here, but any cut of chicken will work well. Just remember that dark meat takes longer to cook than white so keep an eye on them and remove from the heat when the juices from them run clear and not cloudy when pierced.
This grilled chicken would be prefect for any tail gating and end-of-summer bashes you have coming up!
Interested in other juicy chicken recipes?
- Skillet Honey Dijon Chicken Thighs
- One Pan Garlic Herb Chicken Thighs
- Bacon Wrapped Pesto Chicken
- Cheesy Broccoli Pasta with Barber Foods Crispy Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 teaspoon- 1 tablespoon Sriracha depending on how spicy you like them
- 2 to 3 pounds assorted chicken pieces
- Combine every ingredient except for the chicken in a large gallon-size ziplock bag. Shake or massage bag to mix and then add in chicken. Let marinade for at least 2 hours, up to 4 hours (anything past four will start to cook the chicken and make it a funky texture).
- Grill chicken over medium heat until cooked through and it's juices run clear.