Broccoli and cheese are two ingredients that are just meant to be with one another! So I put these soul mates together in this quick and easy cheesy broccoli pasta dish and paired it with some crispy chicken from Barber Foods that is stuffed with it the same exact thing! The result is creamy, cheesy, and filled with veggies that the kiddos won’t mind eating! This conversation is created in partnership with Barber Foods.
I kind of have a thing for broccoli and cheese. I think it started young when I would request baked potatoes topped with broccoli and cheese sauce from a popular fast food chain when all my friends were ordering burgers to take back to the play structure.
I was a weird child.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Nevertheless, these two flavors are soul mates! So naturally, I put them front and center in this cheesy broccoli pasta recipe and then paired it with some chicken breasts stuffed with the same two ingredients to create a broccoli and cheese experience like no other, haha!
These Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts from Barber Foods are a total hit at my house. My kids love it when make these and I love that they take 0% effort to make– you can’t beat taking it out of the freezer and having it hot, crispy and ready in 35 minutes!
I talked about Barber Foods in a post way back in September where I caught some cute pics of my boy while shopping at Fred Meyer for them. That was back before we chopped off aaaallllll his golden ringlets (cue the waterworks). Check the hair (and chicken) out here.
Can you believe that hair?! I mean, really.
Anyway, we love this chicken so much I decided to partner with Barber again to bring you this recipe and reminisce of days gone by.
Be Sure to Sign Up For My Email! New Recipes Delivered Straight to You!
I also made a little video to walk you through this whole cheesy broccoli pasta process!
Want More Pasta Recipes?
Cheesy Broccoli Pasta with Barber Foods Crispy Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces dry penne pasta *See Notes*
- 1 pound cut broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 Barber Foods Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet and stir in flour. Cook 1 minute.
- Place chicken breast in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a food thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Stir in garlic, cook an additional 30 seconds and pour in milk and chicken broth. Continue to stir until no lumps remain. Pour in pasta, broccoli, salt and pepper -- stir to combine, bring to a simmer, cover and turn heat to low. Cook for 10-11 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in mustard and cheese until melted. Sauce will be thin but will thicken as it cools.
- Remove chicken from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with hot pasta.
I’m serious, you want to sign up for my Email! You’ll never miss a dang recipe!