I love little short cuts in the kitchen and this Thai Coconut Lemongrass Ramen makes for a super flavorful meal without taking a ton of time to make thanks to cheap-o ramen noodles and ready made curry and lemon grass pastes. Easy and so, so flavorful!
I’ve eaten my fair share of cheap-o ramen noodles in my day in all their MSG-y goodness. It’s not something I’m proud of, but it is what it is, right? I mean, we all do stupid stuff as kids and into adulthood. If only I had known how to dress those little orange packages up with a few ingredients and turn it into something like this Coconut Lemongrass Ramen! If only…
But, I’m trying to right some of the wrong done to my taste buds by sharing this recipe today. Yes, I am using a few cheap-o packs of ramen noodles but we’re throwing away the seasoning packet and turning these noodle cakes into something pretty spectacular, if you ask me.
Be Sure to Sign Up For My Email! New Recipes Delivered Straight to You!
All it takes is some coconut milk, chicken broth, red curry paste, ginger, and some lemon grass! Oh, and we’ll add some chicken into the mix too.
The result is creamy and rich with just a little kick from the curry. The noodles and chicken are cooked with the seasoned broth and come out with such great flavor, you’ll hardly recognize them.
Top off your bowl of Coconut Lemongrass Ramen with a big squeeze of fresh lime juice and a sprinkling of cilantro and you’ve got a bowl of noodles you won’t only be unashamed of, but that you’ll actually want to share!
Easy Thai Coconut Lemongrass Ramen
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 lime more for serving
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce or fish sauce
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 2 pkgs ramen noodles seasoning discarded
- 1 tablespoon Lemongrass Paste *See Notes
- 1 tablespoon Red Curry Paste
- 1/2 piece ginger peeled
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 15 ounce can coconut milk
In a medium-sized sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in curry paste and cook for 1 minute until very fragrant.
Stir coconut milk, chicken broth, ginger, and lemongrass paste into the curry paste until well combined. Bring to a simmer, turn heat to low and gently cook for 5 minutes.
Stir sliced chicken and ramen noodles into the broth, bring to a simmer, return heat to low and cook just until the chicken and noodles are cooked-- about 3 minutes.
Remove chunk of ginger, and stir juice from 1/2 of a lime, soy sauce, and fresh cilantro into the soup and serve immediately. * See Notes
- Lemongrass paste can be found at most grocery stores in the fresh herb section of the produce aisle. It comes in a toothpaste-like tube and can be stored for a LONG time in the freezer.
- Packaged ramen noodles absorb liquid freakishly fast after being cooked, so I advise that any leftover noodles be removed from the broth and stored separately until ready to reheat. Alternately, if you have leftover broth and no noodles left, you can reheat the broth to cook additional noodles-- I do this all the time!
I’m serious, you want to sign up for my Email! You’ll never miss a dang recipe!