Need a sweet but healthy snack? These peanut butter protein balls take just a few ingredients and give a little boost of protein when needed. Just mix together, roll in whatever toppings you'd like, and put them in the fridge ready for snack time!
These no bake protein balls have been my saving grace over the last week. I mentioned a few weeks ago that I've been following a ketogenic diet and, you guys, the sugar cravings have been HARD! It's usually a few hours after lunch that I have the burning desire to shovel immense amounts of candy into my face and so far, I've resisted!
Sure, there's some amount of willpower working its magic here, but I think I can owe a lot of my success to these beautiful little healthy peanut butter balls. Oh, and this keto chicken soup <-- Seriously good, guys.
These peanut butter balls are sweet, creamy, and filling!
How To Make Peanut Butter Protein Balls
My protein balls recipe is pretty simple and can be modified in many different ways. The basic recipe includes peanut butter, vanilla protein powder, vanilla extract, and powdered sweetener. I use powdered Swerve (Erythritol), but you could use powdered sugar or even Stevia.
I decided to roll mine in unsweetened coconut this time and have rolled other batches in mini chocolate chips (the best way, in my opinion), chopped nuts, and even sprinkles.
Even the type of nut butter you use can be changed up. Almond butter and sun butter work great in this recipe. You may just need to adjust the amount of powdered sweetener or protein powder you use to get the right consistency.
Can Protein Balls Be Frozen?
Yes! In fact, my favorite way to eat these is cold out of the fridge so if you keep them in the freezer you can just pull a few out and let them thaw a bit before eating. Just make sure you store them in an airtight container.
How Long Do Peanut Butter Balls Last?
Peanut Butter protein balls need to be refrigerated and will last up to 2 weeks in the fridge in an airtight container. If you choose to freeze yours, you can expect them to last about 30 days in the freezer.
Is Peanut Butter Protein?
Yes! There are 8 grams of protein in 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. In this recipe, about ½ of the protein comes from the peanut butter and the other half from the protein powder. Each (2 teaspoons) protein ball has about 4 grams of protein and will fluctuate depending on the type of protein powder you use.
Here Are Some Other Snacking-On-The-Go Recipes That You Might Dig
- Apple Cranberry Granola Cups
- Easy Baked Pizza Sticks
- Super Moist Banana Muffins
- Banana Blueberry Bread (Whole Wheat and Filling)
- Hummus Made with Black Beans and Avocado
Other Recipes With Peanut Butter You Might Like, Too
Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup powdered sweetener Swerve or powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼-1/2 cup toppings to roll balls in chocolate chips, coconut, sprinkles, etc
- Combine peanut butter, protein powder, sweetener and vanilla in a bowl and mix until smooth and fully combined.
- Use a 2 teaspoon cookie scoop to portion all of the dough and roll each ball in between your palms to form a smooth ball.
- Roll each ball in desired toppings and place on a plate. Refrigerate until firm and transfer into an airtight container for storage.
It's National Peanut Butter Lovers Day!
Celebrate with me and some of my blogging friends! We're all sharing a peanut butter recipe today-- see what everyone is making!
- Peanut Butter Lovers Pancakes-- Crumb
- Triple Peanut Butter Cake-- Ashlee Marie
- Peanut Butter Butterfinger Cookies-- Creations by Kara
- Reese's Peanut Butter Bars-- Pretty Providence
- Peanut Butter Pie-- Simple Stacie
- Creamy Peanut Butter Chip Pie-- An Italian In My Kitchen
- Homemade Nutter Butter Cookies-- The Baker Upstairs
- Easy Peanut Butter Fudge-- Savory Experiments
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies-- 365 Day of Slowcooking
- Easy Peanut Butter Granola-- Real Mom Kitchen
- Peanut Butter Doughnuts with Chunky Peanut Butter Glaze-- Premeditated Leftovers
- Peanut Butter Cookies-- Namely Marley
- Peanut Butter Twix Pie-- My Mommy Style
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Caramel Cheesecake-- Supergolden Bakes
Other delicious Peanut Butter Recipes:
- Lunchroom Peanut butter Bars-- Cupcake Diaries
- Peanut Butter Smore's Bars-- The Food Charlatan
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats-- The Country Cook
- No-Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream-- A Thrifty Mom
- Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies-- Spend with pennies
- One Minute Peanut Butter Brownie-- The Typical Mom
- Peanut Butter Cup Overnight Oats-- Lemon and Zest
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies-- The Beaming Baker
- Fluffernutter Cookies-- Keep It Sweet Desserts
- Loaded Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Bark-- Wine and Glue