You only need one pan for this sheet pan pesto chicken supper! Chicken breasts, mini potatoes and bell peppers are topped with basil pesto and baked! So good and so, so easy! No dishes and No mess!
How many times have you thought to yourself, "Self, I'd really like to make dinner tonight, but I don't want to have to clean all the dishes afterwards?".
For me, that's EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT.
If I were ever handed a magic lamp and a genie appeared and granted me a wish, you know what I would wish for? Well, besides retiring at 32, moving to paradise with my family and being independently wealthy where we spend our money traveling and helping those who need it...
I'd wish that I would never have to wash another dish again. I HATE doing dishes.
LOVE TO COOK.
Wouldn't it be nice to have fun cooking all day and then just snap your fingers to clean the kitchen?
Well, this recipe does take a few dishes, but not as many as normal recipes do.
This sheet pan pesto chicken is a family favorite and while it does take an hour to cook, the total hands-on prep is under 10 minutes! 1 pan dirtied and only takes 10 minutes to put together? You can't beat that!
Sheet Pan Pesto Chicken and Veggies
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces prepared basil pesto
- 1.5 pounds mini potatoes
- 1 whole green bell pepper sliced
- 1 whole red bell pepper sliced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray sheet pan with cooking spray and arrange chicken breasts on pan. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Spoon 1.5 tablespoons of pesto over each chicken breast and spread evenly.
- Place potatoes and peppers in a large bowl and toss with remaining pesto and salt.
- Arrange potatoes and peppers around the chicken. Bake for 35-50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender. -- my chicken breasts were thin-cut so they cooked in about 35 minutes.
Want some other ONE PAN MEALS?