Have an Instant Pot? Need recipes that are thoroughly tested and WORK?Get my new cookbook collection for 40% OFF!
This recipe isn’t exactly earth shattering in its complexity but it’s pretty dang good. The best part about it is how stinkin’ simple it is! See those 5 ingredients in the pan below? That’s all you need! You can also play with the flavors a little bit here and still get amazing results. Not a bean fan? Use cooked, shredded chicken instead! Want it a little spicier? Use the “regular” or “Spicy” varieties of Rotel. Want to ditch the whole burrito plan and ladle it over tortilla chips and cheese? You’ve got some killer nachos!
All you have to do is drain the beans and throw them into the skillet with the rest of of the ingredients– taco seasoning, Rotel, and cream cheese. Heat, stirring until the cream cheese is melted and it’s done! We eat ours wrapped up in tortillas topped with tomatoes, avocado, cilantro and sour cream.
Note: I use the “mild” variety of Rotel because regular is too spicy for my kid’s tastes so if you need things a little milder, you’ve been warned.
Other Mexican Inspired Recipes You Might Like
- Chile Colorado
- Oven Pork Carnitas
- Chipotle Guacamole
- Baked Tacos
- Easy Mexican Rice Recipe
- Pozole Verde
One Pan Crack Bean Burritos
- 15 ounces black beans drained
- 15 ounces pinto beans drained
- 1 packet taco seasoning or 1/4 cup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 10 ounces Rotel tomatoes or diced tomatoes with green chiles
- Combine beans, seasoning, cream cheese and tomatoes in a large skillet. Heat over medium, stirring until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbling.
- Remove from heat and spoon into tortillas with desired toppings.