Have an Instant Pot? Need recipes that are thoroughly tested and WORK?Get my new cookbook collection for 40% OFF!
These Garlic Parmesan Grilled Cheese sandwiches are what I imagine heaven to be like: cheesy, buttery, and delicious! But, in all seriousness, this technique makes for the best-grilled cheese bread ever and takes .2% more effort than throwing something in the microwave. Let’s make them!
I’m about to change your little microwave grilled cheese life with these garlic parmesan grilled cheese sandwiches.
Yeah, I see you.
Trying to make a grilled cheese sandwich in the microwave– WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!?
You see, I did a little searching on my friend, GOOGLE, and it turns out that “Microwave Grilled Cheese” is one of the most-searched-for terms when it comes to grilled cheese. Are you as grossed out as I am?
So, I’m here to set the record straight with a super easy, crispy grilled cheese recipe that will blow the microwave-loving socks off the interwebs.
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Grilled Cheese
You start by brushing two pieces of hearty white bread with melted butter. Alternately, you can spread softened butter on the bread if you don’t want to melt it. You’ll then sprinkle each buttered side with garlic powder and dried parsley.
Follow the parsley with a couple of tablespoons of shredded Parmesan cheese (NOT the stuff that comes in a can) on the buttered side of each slice of bread. Gently press the cheese down into the bread as much as you can without squishing it.
Now, just go along your business like you normally would when making a grilled cheese sandwich on the stove-top. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat, slice your cheese of choice and place the bread parmesan butter side down into the hot pan.
Cook each side of the sandwich until it’s golden brown, crispy, and the cheese is good and melted. There are few things worse than biting into a grilled cheese that has partially melted cheese. Am I right?
The finished Garlic Parmesan Grilled Cheese is crispy, garlic-y, cheesy, and pretty hard to resist. If you ever get the notion to throw some cheese and bread into the microwave again after reading this, I’m not sure I can help you. 🙂
Other Sandwich Recipes You Might Like
- Italian Beef Recipe with Pepperoncini
- Sloppy Joe Sauce
- Pork Tenderloin Sandwich
- Easy Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- Banh Mi Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches
- Easy French Dip
- Onion Soup Mix Burger
- Pork Burger
- Greek Turkey Burger Recipe
- Doritos Burgers
Tools used in making these Garlic Parmesan Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Anolon Nouvelle Copper Non-stick Pans: These non-stick pans are metal utensil safe and last a long time. I’ve been using Anolon’s pans exclusively for the past five years and am still in love with them!
Crispy Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 2 pieces Sliced sandwich bread
- 2 slices Cheese cheddar is my favorite
- 2 tablespoons Butter softened or melted
- Garlic powder
- Dried parsley
- Parmesan Cheese shredded
- Spread or brush 2 slices of bread with butter and sprinkle each buttered side with garlic and parsley.
- Sprinkle a few tablespoons of Parmesan cheese over each buttered side of bread, gently pressing the cheese into the bread.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and place one slice of bread, buttered side down into the skillet. Top with cheese and remaining slice of bread. Cook, flipping halfway through, until bread is golden brown, parmesan cheese is crispy, and inside cheese is melted.