These Super Crispy Oven Roasted Garlic Potatoes are what my dreams are made of. They are made quick and easy in the oven and take just a few minutes to throw together, making them a perfect quick side for dinner!
You guys, indulge me as I proclaim my love for potatoes today. I love them for their starchy goodness. I love them creamy mashed up with sour cream and butter. I love them baked and topped with broccoli and cheese sauce. I love them slow cooked in a creamy soup. And today, I love them roasted in butter and olive oil with little bits of baked garlic and a dark brown crispy crust.
These Oven Roasted Garlic Potatoes are what dreams are made of.
The best part is they only take about 5 minutes of hands-on time and off they go into the oven to bake for all the magical little oven fairies to do their magic on them.
The trick is to preheat the oven WITH your skillet in there so it’s nice and hot when the potatoes go in. And then, DON’T touch them! We want them to stay in the same place for the whole cooking time to give the side touching the bottom of the pan maximum amount of time to crisp up and brown.
When choosing a skillet to cook these in you’ll first want to make sure it’s oven-proof, and second that it’s nice and heavy. The heavier the bottom of the pan, the better it will retain heat which makes for a gorgeous crust. I used my enameled cast iron skillet for this and it worked beautifully. This is the one I have –>Click here to see it
The best part of these for me is the garlic bits that bake up caramelized and crispy. SO good!
More Potato Recipes You Might Like
- Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Steakhouse Potatoes
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Au Gratin Potato Recipe
Super Crispy Oven Roasted Garlic Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds yukon gold potatoes
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place 2 tbsp of oil and butter in a large, heavy bottomed skillet. Place in cold oven and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- While the pan is heating up, cut potatoes into ⅛ths and toss with the remaining 1 tbsp of oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- When the oven has come up to 400 degrees, carefully pour potatoes into the hot skillet, arranging into a single layer if possible. Cook for 30-40 minutes uncovered. Do not stir the potatoes as they cook. We want each piece to stay in one spot for as long as possible to form that nice cripsy crust. The potatoes are done when tender and deep golden brown on the side that was facing the pan.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.