Sweet Ham and Swiss Sliders are a perfect party food and can be baked whenever you’re ready to eat, so they’re always hot and melty for your guests!
Sweet Ham and Swiss Sliders– ya’ll these are INSANE! I originally posted this recipe about 5 years ago and in that time it has become one of the most-visited recipes on HLF.
One of the things I love most about these Sweet Ham and Swiss Sliders is that they are very kid friendly while being just interesting enough for adults to get excited about too. I mean, who doesn’t love a sticky-sweet and savory butter sauce poured over their ham sammie, right?
What Kind of Rolls Should I Use for For Sweet Ham and Swiss Sliders?
Most recipes for these sliders use sweet Hawaiian Rolls, but I’m a rebel and like to use plain ol’ boring white dinner rolls. I do this for a few reasons:
- They’re cheaper. 🙂
- Hawaiian Rolls can be TOO sweet sometimes.
- Using plain rolls means I can add a little bit of brown sugar to the glaze which makes the rolls just a little bit caramelized and sticky and I love that!
How Far Ahead Can I Make Sweet Ham and Swiss Sliders?
I love making these for parties because you can assemble the sandwiches through the step where you pour on the glaze, cover with foil and put in the fridge until you’re ready to bake– up to 24 hours in advance!
Want More Easy Party Recipes?
- Garden Vegetable Appetizer Pizza
- Lemon Bacon Shrimp Scampi
- Sausage and Cheese Appetizer Bites
- Baked Cheese Ball Dip
- White Queso Blanco Dip
Tools Used For Sweet Ham and Swiss Sliders:
- Silpat Silicone Baking Mats— I use these silicone baking mats to line my baking sheet anytime I bake. Practically nothing sticks to them and I feel like my baked goods bake more evenly on them as well.
- Nordic Ware 1/2 Sheet Pans— I LOVE these sheet pans! They last a long time, are commercial-grade and bake evenly!
- 12 White Dinner Style Rolls, cut in half
- 24 slices Honey Ham
- 8 slices Swiss Cheese, cut in half
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 8 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
1.On a rimmed baking sheet place bottom half of dinner rolls and top with 2 folded slices of ham and 1 slice of swiss cheese. Spread about 1 tsp of mayonnaise on each top-half of roll and place on top of ham and cheese. You want the rolls to be snug together, kissing just a bit so the sauce can soak up into all of the nooks and crannies.
2.In a small bowl combine the mustard, melted butter, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, and brown sugar. Mix until combined and evenly pour over the assembled rolls. Cover with foil and refrigerate until ready to bake.
3.Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Bake covered with foil for 10 minutes, remove the foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the tops are browned, and cheese is good and melted.
I'd love to see how you rocked it! Share your photo on Instagram with the hashtag #heatherlikesfood --It will totally make my day to see it!