Going to a summer get together? Need something quick and easy that is a total show stopper? This Cilantro Lime Ranch Layered Salad is just what you need!
You know, this would have been a really good recipe to post a few weeks ago so you had a chance to make it for Memorial Day gatherings but let’s be honest, I’m not that on top of things.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
But that’s okay because I’m sharing it now and I do hope you have an occasion to make this cilantro ranch layered salad for because it’s a show-stopper. It’s topped with one of my absolute favorite salad dressings and has so many lovely goodies in it. My original recipe for cilantro lime ranch can be found here and just be warned that if you make it, you’ll want to put it on everything. I played with the dressing a little bit for this salad because it needs to be thicker to stay on top, but it has all the flavor and zip of the original.
I put together a little video on Facebook showing all the steps–
So, if you’re into super delicious salads that are just as pretty as they are tasty, this one is for you! And, if you love the flavors of this salad, maybe you want to try out these Crockpot Chicken Ranch Tacos!
Cilantro Lime Ranch Layered Salad
- 1 whole large head romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 whole tomatoes quartered and diced
- 1/4 cup white onion diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 whole medium avocados diced
- 6 ounces sliced black olives drained
- 1/2 cup queso fresco crumbled
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup green salsa
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 whole lime juiced
- Tortilla strips cilantro and limes for garnish
- Combine tomatoes with onion, first measurement of cilantro, lime juice and salt. Set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- In a clear glass bowl layer romaine in the bottom of the bowl. Top with the tomato mixture, followed by a layer of black beans, avocado, black olives and queso fresco.
- In a blender jar combine sour cream, mayonnaise, green salsa, ranch dressing, cilantro and lime juice. Blend until smooth.
- Spoon dressing over the top of the cheese layer and smooth, spreading the dressing to the sides of the bowl to seal in the ingredients.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for a few hours to let flavors meld. Can be made up to 24 hours before serving. Just toss with the dressing when ready to eat.