Jalapeno Popper Cheesesteaks – By the time you read this I’ll be on what could possibly be the most exhausting vacation of my life– Disneyland and San Diego with the girls and a 6 week old. Crazy? Yes. Excited? Definitely. Sick of washing every last piece of clothing I can find in the house so that we can pack? Absolutely.
The best part about this is that we’re totally surprising the girls. THEY. HAVE. NO. IDEA. We are basically driving to the airport and telling them where we’re going. You better believe that we will have the cameras rolling when we break the news. I can’t wait for the girly screams and tears that will likely follow!
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Update: Giveaway Closed
Anyway, today I have a killer, super easy sandwich recipe for you. I made these jalapeno popper cheesesteaks as part of Mezzetta’s “Make That Sandwich” contest. It’s basically an excuse at a chance to win $25,000 just for making up a sandwich. And you can enter your sandwich, too! Wouldn’t you love to be that person that’s like, “Hey, yeah I just won $25,000 for making a sandwich, no biggie. My life pretty much rocks.”
MeI started my love affair with Mezzetta products years ago when I was pregnant with Em and craved their jalapeno stuffed olives. I ate them like crazy even though it meant being up all night with heartburn. And, ever since then I’ve kept a jar of some sort of their olives in my fridge when i needed a little something salty, savory, and delicious. For this sandwich I used their Deli Sliced Jalapeno Peppers and garnished it with their Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives.
Making Jalapeno Popper Cheesesteaks
This is basically the easiest hot, toasty cheesy sandwich you can imagine. All you have to do is mix up some cream cheese with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses and toss in some diced jalapeno peppers to use as a topping on deli sliced roast beef.
Once it has a trip under the broiler for a few minutes, it gets all hot and bubbly- just like the inside of a jalapeno popper!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Mezzetta. The opinions and text are all mine.
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 C mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/4 C + 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 1/3 C sliced Mezzetta Deli Sliced Hot Jalapeno Peppers chopped
- 1 lb sliced deli roast beef
- 4 large sandwich rolls
- 2 Tbsp panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp butter softened
- Mezzetta Cheese Stuffed Olives optional
- Preheat broiler on high
- Combine softened cream cheese with jalapenos, mozzarella, and ¼ C parmesan cheese. Mix unitl smooth.
- Arrange sliced sandwich rolls on a baking sheet. Divide the meat between the 4 sandwich roll halves and top with the cheese mixture.
- Spread the other halves of the sandwich rolls with butter and top with remaining parmesan and breadcrumbs.
- Place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes, watching closely until the cream cheese is melted an starting to brown and the other half is browned and crisp.
- Garnish with and olive and serve hot.
Interested in more sandwich goodness?
- One Pan BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- Easy French Dip Sandwiches
- Caesar Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
- Garlic Parmesan Grilled Cheese Sandwiches