Cranberry Fluff Salad–Is it a salad, or is it a dessert? Whatever it is, this cranberry marshmallow salad will have you reaching for seconds time and time again! It’s tart, creamy, and the perfect use of fresh cranberries!
Cranberry Fluff Salad
I don’t know why I find such great joy in calling this cranberry fluff a salad, but I do. Its tart, loaded with marshmallows, bright pink, swirled with whipped cream and yet I can get away with the dirty little deed of calling it a salad. It’s magic.
Its name doesn’t fool me; I know what a rich, calorie-laden treat it really is. But somehow it makes going back for seconds just that much easier.
How to Make Cranberry Fluff
One of the reasons I love this recipe so much is because of how easy it is to make! It’s one of the things my girls always contribute to Thanksgiving dinner because they can make it themselves start to finish.
All that is required is a blender or food processor to blend the cranberries with the sugar. To whip the cream you’ll need a hand or stand mixer, OR you can actually whip it right in the blender if you’d like. It won’t be quite as fluffy, but once it’s stirred into the salad, you don’t notice.
Mix In Ideas for Cranberry Fluff Salad
This is great as just a cranberry and marshmallow salad, but you can definitely mix in some ingredients to make it your own. Here are some of my favorites:
- Peeled and Diced apples
- Chopped Pecans
- Frozen Cranberries instead of fresh
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Coconut
- Mandarin Oranges
- Sour Cream
Want More Easy Dessert Recipes?
Tools Used in Making this Cranberry Fluff Salad
- Get It Right Silicone Spatulas: I have waaaaay too many of these spatulas floating around in my kitchen, but I just love them! They are heat-resistance and can be used for both baking and cooking, so they are basically my go-to kitchen tool. I love that they come in lots of vibrant colors and are easy to clean. Most of the spatulas I have are at least four years old and still look new!
- Black and Decker Hand Mixer: I picked this little mixer up on clearance at Walmart, and it’s treated me so well. 🙂 I love that it has a snap-on storage case that holds all the beaters and cord, making it fit nicely into my cupboard when not in use.
- Ninja Professional Blender: We’ve owned this blender for just under five years, and it still runs as strong as it did day 1. I especially love the individual cups– they are perfect for single serving smoothies or shakes!
Other Recipes For Your Thanksgiving Dinner Menu
- Sweet Potato Casserole With Coconut
- Corn Spoon Bread
- Best Dinner Roll Recipe
- Fresh Green Bean Casserole
- Homemade Creamed Corn
- Au Gratin Potato Recipe
- Pumpkin Turnovers
- Never Fail Pie Crust
- Caramel Apple Pie with Crumb Topping
Cranberry Fluff Salad
- 1 pound fresh cranberries
- 20 ounces Crushed Pineapple drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 16 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Place cranberries in a blender with sugar. Puree until smooth and transfer into a large bowl.
- Stir drained pineapple into the cranberries and fold in marshmallows.
- Pour whipping cream into the blender bowl, cover and mix until the cream has thickened. You may have to stop and shake the blender a few times to get it moving once it starts to thicken.
- Fold cream into the cranberry and pineapple mixture, cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.